Date: 2016-07-14 08:27
Adds support for helicopter rappelling. SP & MP Compatible.
- Rappel up to 6 players or AI from any helicopter at the same time (depending on helicopter size)
- Enhanced rope physics. Takes into account wind speeds (from the rotor and environment) and air resistance. Players will swing around if the helicopter doesn't stay still.
- Players control when and how quickly to descend down the rope using the "move backward" key
- Supports rappelling onto tops of buildings, through trees, etc
- Command AI in your group to rappel from a helicopter. AI will automatically descend the rope once told to rappel
To install the Advanced Rappelling you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Advanced Rappelling please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
- Get into any helicopter (not as pilot)
- Once more than 5m off the ground, actions become available to rappel either yourself or your AI units
- Once you are rappelling, press the "move backwards" key to descend down the rope (note: AI will auto-descend)
- If installing this on a server, add the addon to the -serverMod command line option. It's only needed on the server side. Clients down need it.
Notes for Mission Makers:
You can customize which classes of vehicles support rappelling by setting the AR_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE variable in an init.sqf file.
AR_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [ "CUP_CH47F_base", "RHS_CH_47F" ];
The example above will only allow rappelling from vehicles of class CUP_CH47F_base and RHS_CH_47F.
You can define custom rappel points instead of using the default 6 rappel points by using the AP_CUSTOM_RAPPEL_POINTS variable. You can either specify [x,y,z] model positions or memory point names. Define the AP_CUSTOM_RAPPEL_POINTS variable in your init.sqf file.
Here's an example mixing both memory point names and [x,y,z] model positions. You would put this in an init.sqf file.
AP_CUSTOM_RAPPEL_POINTS = [
In the example above, all vehicles of class type CUP_CH47F_base will use the rappel points defined by memory point slingload0, model position [1.2,1.0,0.5] and memory point fastrope0. All vehicles of class RHS_CH_47F will use rappel points defined by memory points slingload0, slingload1, and fastrope0. All other vehicles will use the default 6 rappel points.
If anyone works on heli models and would like their heli's rappel points pre-defined in my addon, let me know.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Issues & Feature Requests:
If anyone wants to help fix any of these, please let me know. You can fork the repo and create a pull request.
Credits & Thanks:
Stay Alive Tactical Team (http://sa.clanservers.com)
Boosh and Beachhead
- Added custom animations for rappelling (same used in urban rappelling - thanks Ruppertle)
- Added ability to shoot while rappelling (client needs addon installed locally)
- Added ability for player to turn left and right +- 25 degrees while rappelling
- Added ability to rappel faster by pressing the turbo key (defaults to left shift)
- Added override variable to disable shooting while rappelling: AR_DISABLE_SHOOTING_OVERRIDE. Set the variable to true in your init.sqf file to disable shooting while rappelling
- Added override variable to limit number of rappel positions: AR_MAX_RAPPEL_POINTS_OVERRIDE. Set the variable to any value between 1 and 6. Defaults to 6.
- Improved rappelling simulation so that rope doesn't lag behind player as much when helicopter is moving.
- Improved smoothness of rappelling (less bouncing as you descend)
Minor adjustments to rappelling sounds to improve timing
Fixed issues with AR_Rappel_All_Cargo (editor-placed cargo groups now work and should support every heli) - Thanks Igitur for your support!
Reduced max rappel speeds. Action is only available under 100km/h. Players will fall from rope if heli reaches 150 km/h while rappelling.
Added ability for pilot to rappel if engine is off
Improved timing of AI rappelling (they don't all jump at once now)
Adding rappelling sounds (thanks to Mynock for the audio files). Still supports server-side install, however, clients without the addon enabled locally won't hear the sounds.
Adding ability to detach before reaching ground
Player will fall off rope if end reached
Rappel action removed if moving more than 150km/h
Improved rope attachment points on player (comes down middle and now hangs off right hip)
Added function to auto-rappel cargo units at a specific position and height. See directions on first page! You can now tell AI helis to drop AI within ~1m accuracy and from a specific height!
Added support for APEX VTOLS
- Adding ability to define custom rappel positions using AP_CUSTOM_RAPPEL_POINTS variable
- first release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
Tags: No tags