Date: 2016-10-02 10:45
One Hit - One killby
One hit - One Kill is based upon Lao's caliber damage system, but with a major improvement from my end.
The original version only worked on units which would be present at the beginning of a scenario. This would mean that any later spawned units would be handled the old way.
Now, this version makes sure that all units get the same damage by different kinds of calibers, even if they're spawned in later. Works on A.I. and human units and it's server side, so clients connecting won't need this.
What does this actually do?
Well as the name already states.., 1 hit 1 kill turns ArMA 3 in a more hardcore type of game where every single bullet can end your life, no matter what protection you're wearing. Bringing back the more genuine OpFp feeling.
In other words:
Catch a projectile or shrapnel mid torso, neck or head and you become in 98% a statistic. Hits to limbs make you pretty wounded, but you won't be dead right away. But, just don't expect to be a worthy asset.
- Perfect for Co-Op scenarios.
- Works on AI and User units.
- Different damage specs for different projectiles. (Can be enhanced and changed by using the .pbo file)
- Server side in non dedicated mode. (Haven't been able to test it on a dedicated server)
- Also works in the Bohemia Interactive Campaigns.
- Also effects ambient A.I. spawning (civilians, wildlife, etc.)
To install the One Hit - One kill you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Tags: No tags