The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). Commonly referred to by its nicknames "Warthog" or "Hog", its official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter that was effective at attacking ground targets. The A-10 was designed for close-in support of ground troops, close air support (CAS), providing quick-action support for troops against helicopters, vehicles, and ground troops. It entered service in 1976 and is the only production-built aircraft that has served in the USAF that was designed solely for CAS. Its secondary mission is to provide forward air controller – airborne (FAC-A) support, by directing other aircraft in attacks on ground targets. Aircraft used primarily in this role are designated OA-10.
The A-10A single-seat variant was the only version produced, though one pre-production airframe was modified into the YA-10B twin-seat prototype to test an all-weather night capable version. In 2005, a program was started to upgrade remaining A-10A aircraft to the A-10C configuration with modern avionics for use of precision weaponry. The U.S. Air Force had stated the F-35 would replace the A-10 as it entered service, but this remains highly contentious within the Air Force and in political circles. With a variety of upgrades and wing replacements, the A-10's service life may be extended to 2040.
- A-10 Warthog for arma 3
- in Beta, only A-10A included.
- Mighty GAU-8 mod and ACE3 GAU-8 Supported
To install A-10 Warthog you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the A-10 Warthog please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Classname /name/ Faction
FIR_A10A / A-10A Warthog / NATO
FIR_A10A_74FS / A-10A Warthog(74th FS) / NATO
FIR_A10A_MD / A-10A Warthog(104th FS) / NATO
FIR_A10A_Blank / A-10A Warthog(Blank) / NATO
- Cockpit is still wip.
- ECM Jammer is jamming custom addon missile.
this version is Beta, keep in mind when you playing with it.
Credits & Thanks:
Myke - i'm use his "Air vehicles instruments & gauges - Open source"
John Spartan & saul - allow for use afterburner , Ejection Script.
(Specially, John Spartan was help for my SEAD System. Thank you!)
geraldbolso1899 - allow for use kimi Wipeout HUD/HMD.
fullerpj - allow for Compatible with KC-135 Stratotanker from USAF Mod.
Mr.R - he is my real friend, he provide of afterburner sound, AIM-9 Lock Tone Sound and BRRRT Sound for A-10.
77th CFW members - Addon Tester for my addon
BIS - ArmA 3 and arma 2 sample model, texture and arma 3 function.
Supporters from Patreon:
License / Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused
by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.
your support is can be make keep working more!
- some values fixed for Lesh tow mod support..again.
- A-10C,A-10U invisible collision fixed(https://github.com/firewill0/FIR_AWS_SystemDevelopment/issues/16)
Over the Fulda gap
- texture upgraded
- hitpoints added
- ECM capability data added
- skin pack integrated
- physx fixed, now can make safe take-off on some "improvised airfield" such as AAC airfield in Altis
- RFD is now only activate in Multiplayer game.
- some values fixed for Lesh tow mod support.
A-10U Unmanned Warthog added
new LITENING targeting pod model
- new pilot for basic crew
- replace pilot combo box has been changed to checkbox
- cockpit frame material modified
- vanilla 30mm gatling supported(can change via Attribute and AMS)
- maintenance : new wing vortice and engine exhaust effect applied from AWS(wing vortice effect is working with Dev build for now)
- skins, materials overhaul
- maintenance : new ADES Interface integrated
- maintenance : IDD for AMS gui has been changed
A-10A : 5160
A-10C : 5161
1.60 - Over the Fulda gap update
- cockpit detail upgraded(side panels)
- new exterior parts
- 4 bonus skins
- 1 bonus skin
- some functions fixed & tweaked for Dedi server
- flare dispensers on wingtip
- countermeasure quantity increased(240->480)
- Arctic Front update integration
- maintenance(some fixes for loop scripts like weapon display, digital watch etc)
- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)
- defaultUserMFDvalues added in config
- bug fixes : HUD disappear in MP client / AMS Bug etc
- AMS Integration : new integrated loadout system(see AWS readme for more detail)
- HCS(HUD Color slider System) added
- Skins Categorized
- LITENING / SniperXR Animation added
- HUD improvement : CCIP, Gun Reticle for GAU-8CM test
- HMD Toggle added(HMD supported helmet required)
- airplaneX simulation integrated
- GAU-8 CM Test version added(can change attribute in eden editor or loadout dialog)
- Mirror toggle function integrated
- Two old 80s style Camo skin Added : tailcode - SU/MB
- TVM function added
- AGM-65B integration
- LAU-130 19 tube launcher for hydra rocket integration
- refueling support with KC-135 from USAF mod
- oxygen mask toggle action added
- new mighty gau-8 mod integration
- loadout module removed
- Jet DLC compatible update : Sensors/ Dynamic Loadout(extend hitpoint is will be update for future)
- anti-collision light fixed
- SMS(ACP in A-10A/DSMS in A-10C) display function added
- RFD(Radio Frequency Display) system - TFAR Required*
- AGM-65H/K integration
- new TGP Screen System
* TFAR is not require for just play the Aircraft. only need for RFD.
HUD is need to fix.
- TGP Screen (WIP)
- Map Display (WIP)
- APKWS, GBU-54,CBU-105 integrated
- custom loadout 2/3 fixed
- A-10C first beta version added
- new hud from kimi wipeout/A-10 hud
BETA 3 hotfix
- missing aim-9 problem fixed. however hp11 no longer to use the ECM until fix the hardpoint check system.
- saved loadout fixed - can use other gau-8 ammo when load the custom preset.
- Zuni Rockets proxies
- 47th FS skin added
- loadout module added
- killmark system supported
- new interior glass material. so cockpit glass for interior is more clear to see than before.
- mk82 snakeye x 6 is now equip 6 bombs per pylon.
- mk84 2000lbs supported
- fix the F16_WingVortices issue. sometime i forgot some people didn't using my F-16
- initial Beta version release.
- FIR AWS US - AirWeaponSystem US/NATO
- BI forums