After long period of efforts finally HAFM Naval mod came to a point that I and my friend Devastator_cm dreamed.
Version 2.0 practically is a totally new mod replacing the previous 1.5 version (in case both versions will be used at same time there will be incompatibility issue).
Bringing new ships, weapons, actions and capabilities, as much as possible like in the real life without breaking the game fun was our goal. We believe that we approached it by the best possible way so far.
This mod is coming after the successful Submarines mod, in order to complete another aspect of Naval warfare in ArmA 3.
For compatibility reasons we decided and split these two mods using another one as Common part/mod for Core and Weapon parts.
Due to this, the Common part/mod together with CBA are required for Submarines and Ships mods as base, without a direct dependency between Submarines and Ships
(Ships does not need Submarines to work neither Submarines need Ships).
Ships mod consists by six new Ships plus two from the old mod.
New Ships are:
Turkish NAVY - Barbaros class MEKO200TN Frigate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbaros-class_frigate
Greek NAVY - Hydra class MEKO200HN Frigate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydra-class_frigate
French NAVY - FREMM class Frigate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREMM_multipurpose_frigate
Russian NAVY - Admiral Grigorovich class Frigate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate
Russian NAVY - BUYAN-M class Corvette - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyan-class_corvette
A replenishment ship for each BLUFOR and OPFOR sides.
Also a variety of weapons - missiles - torpedoes - cruise missiles - countermeasures, together with defense systems, are included in order to make things more realistic.
So these Ships will also include:
- Active Radar Console (same as submarines but for shorter distances)
- Anti Ship Weapons Console (Torpedoes - CIWS - Missiles)
- Anti Missile Defense Console (CIWS - Missiles)
- Torpedoes Console (for Ships and Submarines)
- Countermeasures for incoming torpedoes (same as Submarines have)
- Cruise Missile Console (for deep strikes)
- Artillery Weapon (Artillery Cannon)
- Boats for leaving/entering the Ships (mainly for missions)
- Helicopter Landing (half-scripted - almost all helicopters can be land - unload cargo into Ship - load cargo from Ship - leave landing deck - etc)
- AI logic (in case ships are controlled solely by AIs, will perform evasive maneuvers and auto-defend or fire against targets)
- TFAR compatibility
- Replenishment Ship, with options to rearm - refuel - repair any same side Ship will be close to it (by the meaning of some minimum distance)
- Flags on ships (user can choose default flag texture or add his own through eden attributes)
To install Hellenic Armed Forces Mod (HAFM) - NAVY you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the HAFM Navy please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Finally, in order to support mission makers and ensure compatibility for missions that have been build using the old mod version, there is an Optional part/addon
which mission makers can use in order to be able to rework their missions in ArmA 3 editor, updating with new ships
(with this addon any old mission can be loaded in editor and old ships will auto-replaced by new ones).
Ofcourse, a detailed operations manual is coming with that mod, explaining the most parts of it as well as a text file with classnames.
Helper addon for mission makers for missions made with older version - optional:
Operations manual (also included) external link:
Credits & Thanks:
Special Thanks to Bohemia Interactive for the ArmA 3 game.
Tweaked: Custom get in action for locked vehicles will be disabled in case vehicle is locked
- Added: Ship horns
- Fixed: TFAR Vehicle Radios by some ships (were missing or had wrong side radio)
- Fixed some ships sound issues
fix for Dedicated Server issues of
- Sound Effects
- Added: Chinese - Type 052C Destroyer ship under OPFOR side.
- Added: Chinese - Type 052D Destroyer ship under OPFOR side.
- Added: All relative weapons, missile models and Chinese flag for new Type 052C and 052D ships.
- Added: For all big ships the render distance from object to terrain parameter named "featureType".
- Fixed: Submarines Re-arming now works as expected.
- Fixed: A-190 reload time fixed. It has RPM of 80 rounds now as it supposed to have.
- Fixed: All ships are now react against aircrafts - helicopters automatically when "Weapons Officer" position is controlled by an AI unit.
- Fixed: Ships and submarines optics will have proper rotations and will not stuck while performing 360 turns.
- Tweaked: MK-45 Mod 2 RPM reduced to 16 rounds.
- Tweaked: Some ships textures.
- Tweaked: Ships and submarines radar footprints adjusted.
- Tweaked: Ships and submarines sensors and panels are improved.
- Updated: MOD Manual.
- Fixed: Helicopters relative user actions now working fine on Arleigh Burke.
- Tweaked: Accuracy for high speed anti-ship missiles improved
- Fixed: Wrong file for attachments replaced with new one
- Tweaked: User manual updated
- Added: New MK-50 Torpedo for Arleigh Burke
- Tweaked: Sonar range by Arleigh Burke increased
- Added: Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.
- Added: New RIM-66 and RIM-174 missiles for Arleigh Burke.
- Modified: Cruise missiles control panel now shows Altitude and Distance between Waypoints, plus each ship has its own number of missiles (new config value) showing also Quantity and ETA to target (it shows the ETA at firing time and not getting updated while missile flies).
- Tweaked: Colors and graphics to all GUIs.
- Tweaked: Boats numbers on ships and submarines changed to reflect more real life logic ...
Tweaked: Helicopters can land onto landing decks via script. Bad news, they cannot turn on/off their engines after landing but keep the engine status as it is when script is called.
For landing, player needs to lower on deck and when he/she sees the action "Secure Helicopter" he needs to use that to land the helicopter.
Added: CIWS support for Supply Ships.
Added: New actions to load zodiacs back to ships if there is space in storage.
Added: An RHIB imported from ArmA 2 (will replace later the default zodiac boats on some ships).
Fixed: Phalanx muzzle is now rotating while firing.
Fixed: Anti-Ship missiles working using pop-up option.
Fixed: Missiles rearm now is working on dedicated servers.
Tweaked: Some ships textures.
- Added: Roussen Class Missile Boat (on both BLUFOR and IND sides).
- Added: New vehicles entry point at middle of ships and submarines to ease the entry into vehicle.
- Tweaked: Anti Ship missiles speed increased (UGM84D & RGM84D - 700kph, EXOCET - 900kph, 3M54T - 1400kph).
- Tweaked: Speed of SCALP Naval missile, also increased (SCALP Naval - 600kph).
- Tweaked: Ship defence system is now working against any kind of incoming missile which is treated as threat to ship (still same logic based on the travel direction of missile compared to ship).
- Tweaked: MEKO200HN back CIWS coverage angle improved.
- Tweaked: Improved CIWS operation in general.
-Added: Zeus Modules to make Cruise missile attacks
-Fixed: Zeus remote controlled units can access GUIs without any issue
-Fixed: Some sounds and textures issues are solved
-Fixed: Scope for HAFM_Helper and HAFM_Flagpole fixed. They are not in object list anymore
-Tweaked: Torpedoes detects target ships existence better to trigger the detonation
-Tweaked: User manual has new section for mission makers and Zeus
- Fixed: Good news for the servers which has vehicle purchase functionalities. Issues by the spawned (via script or Zeus) submarines/ships in dedicated server solved. From now on all GUIs and systems will work fine for such vehicles as well.
- Fixed: On dedicated servers under Cruise Missiles panel, fire button turns to "red" marking, when used to fire a missile.
Small fix :
For AI controlled ships/submarines, the behavior is tweaked:
- In case commander/group of ship/submarine has CombatMode "BLUE" (Never fire), it will not attack to enemies but only defend.
- In case commander/group of ship/submarine has CombatMode "GREEN" (Hold fire - defend only) or "WHITE" (Hold fire, engage at will), it will attack only if it is attacked
- Performance improvement for dedicated server (for ships and subs)
- CIWS error message by resuply ships fixed (for ships only)
- improved AI skills by ships (for ships only)
a fix for Russian frigate torpedoes and boats spawning as reported by community.
Small fix for some transport weapon classnames issue.
NEW - version 2.0
Some textures enhancement (retexturing) to most of these ships.
A small fix for Zeus compatibility. You need to set the Game Master icon attributes to include all official and unofficial addons.
On this update many issues have been fixed and the addition of two more ships raise the number to seven.
Crew is no longer leaving ships or been killed when any ship is placed on EDEN editor.
Ships speed and acceleration as also their generall behavior tweaked.
Ships armor reduced to be more easily destructable.
Frigates and Corvette front guns have changed ammo type to 127mm and 100mm (AI using them now).
Added lights plus collision and markerlights.
Some improvements on models and configs.
- first release
- HAFM NAVY Core & Weapons part
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums