Do you have the ShackTac modset?
Are you tired of having to constantly use the editor to replace weapons and gear of different mods?
This mod aims to change that. I got tired of having to constantly manually change the loadout on every single character to match what I wanted, so I decided it needed to change. The goal of Worldwide Armed Forces is to combine all of the beautiful assets in each mod of the ShackTac modset into a group of factions.
CURRENT VERSION: v0.3.6
NEXT VERSION: v0.4
- Remaining Ukrainian Army Groups
I will also take requests for which faction(s) to work on next, so feel free to ask me in the comments or in the bug report discussion.
New Wikia page- a3wwaf.wikia.com with tutorials on how to make your own mods, and info on all the gear used in this mod!
Also, if anyone wants to donate or create new textures of the vehicles for each of the new factions, send me (Nightwolf) a PM or leave a comment on my profile, I would be happy to incorporate other people into this project!
***THIS MOD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, AND IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED***
and as it is a work in progress, expect updates, often or as little as once a month or less.
Required mods not listed as dependencies (Because they aren't on the workshop)
- RH M4 and M16 pack ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/158059-rh-m4m16-pack/
Currently, the mod contains:
- The U.S. Army, in desert and woodlands camouflage patterns, with RHS, CUP, and RH assets, plus the NIArsenal M249.
- The Middle Eastern Insurgents faction, using many NIArsenal weapons, and CUP vehicles and uniforms
- Canadian Army forces in woodlands and desert, with multiple renamed and reconfigured assets
- Ukrainian Army infantry and vehicles in woodlands only
Planned is every other possible faction, using the U.S. Military Mod uniforms, MultiNational Pack uniforms, and the remaining RHS factions.
This mod will be designed specifically to work with ALiVE, even though it is not required. This means that all groups must be combined into the simple Arma 3 categories (Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Motorized Infantry, etc.), so the groups menu is a bit cluttered. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can really do about it, except try to make sure it is not too hard to tell the group variations apart. Sorry.
NOTE: I am NOT copying content or textures from other mods, this mod is simply a series of new config files that rearranges the items in game. The original soldiers and vehicles still exist in game, unmodified. If you have issues with me doing this, please let me know so that we can work everything out. I do not claim ownership of any of the textures, models, or original configurations of the mods used.
There will be bugs, typos, and errors. Please be kind and report them in the bug report discussion so that I can fix them and make the mod better for everyone.
Don't forget to rate it :)
To install Worldwide Armed Forces you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Some Ukrainian Groups
--> Some Motorized
- More Ukranian vehicles
--> M1097A2 (Hummvee)
--> Kamaz 5350
--> Mi24V and P
- Ukrainian Asst. AT
- Ukrainian Asst. MG
- Ukrainian was misspelled as Ukranian multiple times
- Ukranian Army Vehicles
- Ukranian Rifleman (Light)
- Placeholder Logo
- Created and added Editor Previews for all units but Ukranian (may appear tinted strange colors, still working on that)
- LARGE, POSSIBLY GAME-BREAKING CHANGE - Changed tag to WWAF, and registered it on OFPEC, as WAF was already taken. THIS CAN AND WILL BREAK YOUR SAVED MISSIONS, AS UNIT NAMES AND VEHICLE NAMES HAVE CHANGED. If anyone asks me to, I am perfectly willing to add sections with the depricated names referring the game to the new names, I just don't want to do that unless it's necessary.
- Ukranian Army Infantry
- Rifleman (AK-74)
- Rifleman (AKS-74)
- Rifleman (AT)
- Autorifleman (RPK-74)
- Explosives Specialist
- Squad Leader
- Team Leader
- AT Specialist
- AA Specialist
- Canadian Crew members would respawn with wrong helmet
- M113A3 variants in woodlands and desert
- LAV III (LAV-25 renamed) in woodlands and desert
- Canadian Army Groups (desert and woodland)
- Assault Group 1
- Assault Group 2
- Mot. Section (LAV III)
- Mech. Section (M113A3)
- Canadian Armed Forces Infantry (CADPAT Woodlands and Desert)
- Assault Group (Team) Leader
- Asst. Autorifleman
- Explosives Specialist
- Rifleman (AT)
- Rifleman (C8)
- Section (Squad) Leader
- Colt Canada C7A3 (RH M16A3 renamed)
- Colt Canada C8A3 (RH M4 MOE renamed)
- C8A3 M203
- C9A2 LMG (NIA FN Minimi Para renamed)
- C13 Frag Grenade (RHS M67 renamed)
All feature C79 optic
- Added Killoch's Multinational Pack as a requirement (had accidentally been left out)
- Added SpeechVariants to Insurgent Autoriflemen
- Signed .pbo files to facilitate server usage
- All vehicles now have correct magazines and weapons inside
- Insurgent GAZ-66
- Insurgent infantry groups
- Insurgent motorized groups
- Added different values for cost and threat of each soldier
- Bug where U.S. Army soldiers would not shoot at Insurgents
- Insurgent BTR 40
- Insurgent Pickup Truck
- Insurgent Sniper (SVD)
- Insurgent Kamaz Truck
- Insurgent .pbo file is now WAF_ME_Ins, not WAF_ME_Ins_Inf, as it contains the whole faction
- Mech. Inf. "Sqd. (2x GPMG + Marksman/M2A3)" now correct, "Sqd. (2x GPMG/M2A3)"
- Mech. Inf. "Sqd. (Sniper/M113A3)" now: "Sqd. (Marksman/M113A3)"
- Mech. "Team (AA/M6)" now: "Sqd. (AA/M6)"
- One of two the Motorized "Sqd. (2x GPMG/M1232 Mk19)" is actually "Sqd. (2x GPMG/M1237 M2)"
- All of the motorized inf "Sqd. (Sniper...)" are now: "Sqd. (Marksman...)"
- AT Specialist and AA Specialist now spawn with loaded launchers, including Insurgent (RPG-7)
- Added Middle Eastern Insurgents faction
- Added Middle Eastern Insurgents Infantry and backpacks
- Completed Mechanized Infantry Groups
- Added Armored Groups
-Added Artillery Groups
- Minor spelling and scripting errors
Fixed some naming errors
- To many to list (see steam page)