Blastcore Edited (standalone version)
*The original author of the Blastcore mod is Opticalsnare. He didn't update Blastcore more than a year. I could not find information about Blastcore license, I tried and could not contact Opticalsnare via Bohemia Interactive forum to ask for permission to modify it. Opticalsnare, if you read this and you don't like what I have done, please contact me via Steam and mod will be removed from Steam Workshop.
Blastcore is one of the best mods ever made for Arma series and it is a big loss for a lot of Arma players. Hope Opticalsnare return to continue his work on Blastcore mod series.
This version is standalone. You should not run Blastcore Edited (standalone) together with Blastcore Edited (a fix version). You don't need any other mods to run.
This mod is based on Blastcore: Phoenix with edits taken from Blastcore: Phoenix 2 and Arma 3 vanilla effects. This version fixes a lot of errors caused by Arma 3 updates and changes some of the effects. I have put a lot of work in it (more than a year), but not as much as Opticalsnare, of course.
You download this mod AS IS. Some effects may be broken or don't work at all. Test it on vanilla only. Effects may be broken with RHS mods or any other mods that uses custom or edited effects. Feel free to contact me if you find errors.
Additional downloads (read descriptions of each mod):
- Server side smoke (for Blastcore Edited)
- Vanilla smoke (for Blastcore Edited)
- Extended fire (for Blastcore Edited)
To install Blastcore Edited (standalone version) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
Original author of Blastcore: Phoenix and Blastcore: Phoenix 2 is Opticalsnare.
Modified to Blastcore Edited by ruPal.
ruPal is Paladin on Steam
- cl_fire error fix;
- fixes for recently reported bugs
- performance tweaks;
- errors fixes.
- changes to hit metal spark effects.
- fix for an updating base class error.
- burning barrel fire effect reverted to vanilla.
- 30 and 40 mm autocannons muzzle smoke effect changed.
- rockets and missiles light colour changed.
- grenade explosion effects changed.
- artillery muzzle smoke and sparks effects improved.
- key issue fixed;
- some inheritance issues fixed.
- number of building destruction wall parts reduced + more smoke;
- building destruction effects changed (Blastcore: Phoenix 2 effects + smokes more solid);
- bounceOnSurface of burning shards changed;
- fire spark effects added to cars;