Date: 2018-04-27 07:45
Here's a little mod I cooked up. It started as a mod to increase the grid numbers around the edges of the map as I could barely read them. Then I figured out how to get rid of the satellite overlay. Then I decided to roll in the changes done by the BHC map contour mod.
* permanently removed satellite overlay from all the map screens I was able to find (map, UAV terminal, artillery computer, camera, 3den), some of with was forced, meaning you could not disable the overlay
* incorporated BHC map contour changes to improve readability
* increased font size for height numbers as well as grid numbers around the edges
To install More readable map you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
* for some reason I could not remove satellite overlay for the spectator mode
* I would love to find a way to increase the font size for the full grid number and the ASL data shown next to the cursor on the map (401019, 35m)
Credits & Thanks:
Tomahawko for his bhc_map_contour mod
fixed required addons, should work now.
- BI forums