Date: 2017-06-05 17:59
This mod is working like the "Pitch Altitude Hold" setup which can be found for instance by F-16s.
Basically it is fixing the altitude when it is turned on but still let's you to adjust speed, do pitch, yaw and roll.
- Fixes the altitude to the sea level altitude when the autopilot is activated (will be referred as initial altitude)
- Gives possibility to pilot to adjust speed, pitch, yaw and roll angles while autopilot is open. Autopilot returns airplane to initial altitude after control is released back
- Autopilot automatically turns off when
- Speed below minimum speed based on landing speed. In case of helicopters minimum speed is 40 kmh
- Engine is damaged
- Roll angle is above maximums 35° (only for helicopters)
- Pitch angle is above maximums which is 20° for helicopters and 50° for fixed-wings
- Gives autopilot functionality to every air vehicle at mission start automatically
- Only pilot can turn it on/off
To install Devas Autopilot Mod you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Other autopilot setups by fighter jets, i.e. hold attitute
AC-130 circle functionality
- Added: Loiter functionality to airplanes
- Added: Speed fix for helicopters
- Added: Pitch will be adjusted to -5° by helicopters automatically
- Tweaked: Pitch limit by helicopters is increased to 25°
- Tweaked: +-10° is the band where helicopters are fixing their speed. Pitch angles outside of this band can be used to alter speed
- Added: Rudder will turn off autopilot by helicopters
- Added: Co-Pilots can enable the autopilot if they take the control
- Added: Switch sound when autopilot is engaged or disengaged
- Added: CBA Key binding (Default setup is CTRL + SHIFT + A)
- Tweaked: Helicopter autopilot is adjusted to let pilot more freedom to adjust the speed while autopilot is ON
Added: Roll and pitch angle limits
Added: Maximum speed limit
Tweaked: Minimum speed is increased to turn on the autopilot is increased to 40 kmh in case their landing speed is below that (i.e. helicopters)
Tweaked: From now on it will not fix the pitch to 0° but also will keep the initial altitude, this means if you climb or dive while autopilot is on with a fixed-wing aircraft after you release the controls it will take you back to initial altitude
Fixed: Helicopters will not be able to fly upside down anymore
- It will apply autopilot functionality to spawned vehicles as well
- Requires CBA A3 to be installed
- BI forums