This adds Advanced Trains to your Arma 3 game.
- Drive and ride on trains in Arma 3!
- Supports all existing trains and tracks on Tanoa.
- Create custom tracks by placing APEX track objects in the editor (see directions below).
- Multiplayer support. Mod only required to be installed on server. (but needed on clients if you want custom trains or sounds)
- Supports APEX and CUPS train models.
- Supports APEX tracks (CUPS tracks still in the works!).
- 22 train cars included!
- Arma 2 tracks included!
- Blow up trains. Players riding in the cars will be killed.
- Supports cable cars!
To install Advanced Train Simulator (ATS) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
ats/core created by duda, eagledude, Aussie
ats/tracks/cable created by hcpookie
ats/trains/A2 created by BI imported by Aussie and eagledude
ats/trains/AE created by Arunas B., imported by IN005
ats/trains/cable created by Turgut G, imported by hcpookie
ats/trains/SD60 created by PolySquid, imported by IN005
ats/trains/steam created by Profi Developers, imported by badbenson
ats/trains/vl created by Citizenship, imported by hcpookie and duda
ats/tracks/a2 created by BI and included with permission from CUP and help from eagledude and Aussie
ATS trailer created by Dan
- PR0L4M3 added a LA Metro train!
- Train platforms and overhead wire objects added
- When players exit the train, they will now be positioned on top of the platform instead inside it
- Added working doors and walkable interiors to passenger trains (High Speed train and VL Electric Engine/Wagons, Cable Car) (Eagledude)
- Improved damage simulation on the cable car (Eagledude)
- Improved damage simulation of A2 tank car (Eagledude)
- Disabled model damage for A2 tracks (duda)
- Added ability for all trains to hit and destroy objects / vehicles on the track
- Improved train models (addtional glass windows, better damage effects)
- Updated all trains to support damage handling and textures
- Updated all trains to support breakable glass
- Added TNT car (will cause large explosion and blow up other nearby cars)
- Improved damage handling for all trains
- Adding back legacy CfgPatch classes
Fixing issue with train sounds for Apex locos
- Added train lights to the A2 and High Speed trains. (thanks to eagledude!) New Controls:
- Lights: L
- Imported Arma 2 tracks into the mod (With permission from CUP and help from eagledude and Aussie!). Also includes a stone bridge provided by Aussie.
- Added the ability to destroy all of the train cars. Drivers and/or passengers will be killed if their car blows up. (thanks to eagledude)
- Added APEX train and track classes into the ATS props section in eden editor.
- Added train sounds (plus steam engine sounds!) New Controls:
- Horn: H (Hold H for longer horn)
- Bells: G (Hold G for longer bells)
- Turn off engine: E (Turns off engine idle sounds while train is not moving)
- Added first person views to all trains (press numpad-enter or zoom in with mouse wheel)
- Updated player position to follow train
- Improved train attachment simulation (so they don't clip into each other while attaching)
- Updated CfgRemoteExec rules with new function (see description)
- Added 22 new train cars!
Improves initial loading time by about 3-4x
Fixes issue that caused train to start off track when you first get in
Updated animations so the first 3 cars' wheels animations play
Updated the event frame handlers so they should work in exile
Fixed issue that made cars fly in from above when you attach in MP
- BI forums