Date: 2018-10-14 09:10
What is VPHUD?
Have you ever felt the need to look at the aircraft fixed gauges, because it had no HUD?
Have you ever crashed your aircraft because you were distracted looking at such gauges?
Have you ever wished the Advanced Flight Model GUI existed in the Standard Flight Model?
If that's your case then I'm glad to tell you that VPHUD seeks to solve all those problems and wishes you ever had before.
VPHUD is a seamless addon that adds two virtual gauges to all aircraft which do not have native HUD support.
A Artificial Horizon to help you understand when your airplane is upside down, or if you're landing your helicopter perfectly leveled.
A Vertical Speed Indicator to give you crucial information if the landing you're attempting to make is too harsh for your aircraft to handle.
Some other misc information is also available such as height from surfaces (not ground terrain) and speed.
How it works?
As mentioned before, the addon works seamlessly without the need for any configuration.
All you have to do is get in a aircraft as pilot, and the VPHUD will pop up immediatly.
At the left will show up the Vertical Speed Indicator and at the right the Artificial Horizon.
Aircraft that have built-in HUDs will not make VPHUD appear.
But that's not all, you can change VPHUD's settings by scrolling and selecting "VPHUD Options".
What can I change?
In VPHUD's Options menu you'll be able to:
● Change the System of Units between Metric System and Imperial System.
● Change VPHUD scale and positioning.
● Enable a virtual crosshair and change its color
● Force/unforce VPHUD to show up, ignoring built-in filtering options.
To install VPHUD (Virtual Pilot Head-Up Display) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Gauges scalling algorythm needs improvement.
Altitude bar sometimes getting behind the Vertical Speed Indicator is a expected behaviour.
Aside from that, none that I'm aware. Let me know if you find any.
● User savable options. (Right now user has to setup VPHUD how they prefer every mission start. If you knowledge on how to implement such thing, help me out[forums.bistudio.com].)
● Another VPHUD styling that replicates real aircraft HUDs. Meanwhile this may interest you.
License / Disclaimer:
No Redistribution - You may not publicly redistribute VPHUD without my consent. As such public modpacks/mod compilations are not authorized. The ONLY EXCEPTION are communities/clans that may PRIVATELY share VPHUD on their own PRIVATE repositories for PRIVATE IN-HOUSE use without noticing me. (I'll personally take care of distributing and keeping updated VPHUD on the most popular Arma public repositories. If you wish for VPHUD to be available on a public repository that is not yet available please contact me.)
Attribution - You may create your own derivative works as long as you credit me for the original work on which your derivative work is based on, but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your derivative work.
Noncommercial - You may not use VPHUD for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Share Alike - Your derivative work must also be open for derivative works and not be used for commercial purposes as well (both Arma derivatives and non-Arma derivatives). You may opt to openly allow your derivative work to be publicly distributed.
What's new in v1.3?
● Added translations support. (Read this[github.com] issue if you're interested in translating.)
● Heavy project restructuring and refactoring to make it easier to contribute to GitHub.
WARNING: Mod settings will be reset because of this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Improved from v1.2
● modelToWorld call changed to modelToWorldVisual to improve performance (Suggested by "cineafx" on Steam Workshop)
● Gauges no longer appear on parachutes (Vanilla and CUP)
What's new in v1.2?
● Savable user options: Your VPHUD settings will now be saved between game sessions.
● Crosshair only: If you don't care about the gauges you can select to simply show the crosshair and nothing else.
● Jets DLC filtering added: Filter list updated to Jets DLC standards. (If I missed any or filtered one by acident, let me know.)
Improved from v1.1
● Crosshair style: Due to a issue when zooming in, the crosshair would offset from the aim point, a different crosshair style was implemented. This new V-Shaped crosshair style, allows the player to always aim roughly accurate at all times. When not zooming in the player aims with the V's top, when zooming in the player aims with the bottom end of the V.
What's new in v1.1?
● Options Menu: Scroll ingame to see "VPHUD Options" option to open such menu.
● Resizable/Repositionable Gauges: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to increase or decrease size of VPHUD and adjust the spacing between gauges.
● Toggeable Virtual Crosshair: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to activate a virtual crosshair to aid aiming. The crosshair color and transparency can be adjusted.
● Imperial System added: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to change between the default Metric System and Imperial System of units.
● Forceable VPHUD: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to force VPHUD to (not) show up, even if that aircraft has been filtered to (not) use VPHUD by default.
● RHS and CUP vehicles filtering added: RHS and CUP vehicles will now be filtered if they have native HUD or not. (If I missed any or filtered one by acident, let me know.)
Fixed from v1.0
● VPHUD not showing up if player started mission already inside an aircraft. (Undetected bug before release.)
- first release
- BI forums
Tags: No tags