WMO - Walkable Moving Objects
This Addons makes you be able to walk on driving vehicles without sliding off.
I highly recommend BadBensons Enhanced Movement
to be able to climb ontop of the vehicles. But it is optional.
- Every type of vehicle works, but with high speeds, you migth slide off
- Addon is only script based, so the experience migth be glichy in some cases :-)
- Scripts need to run on each frame so you will experience a decrease of perfomance
- Does work in MP, but doesn`t look smooth for other players
- If you want to ride an object that is not in "vehicles" you can add it to the WMO_specialObjects array
To install WMO - Walkable Moving Objects you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
Big thanks to BadBenson who helped me a lot with MP testing, giving suggestions and providing a better version of my "proof of concept" adaptive roadway!
Feel free to leave a comment with feedback. I will try to update this if needed.
- fixed script error
- tweaked sacrificial collision feature for walkable planes
Thank you Coryf88:
- added vanilla parachutes to the WMO_noRoadway array
- now properly checking for "acex_sitting" addon instead of random ACE config
- ACE X sitting should work fine now (Also when running EM)
- The sacrifical roadway can now be disabled by adding the object to the "WMO_noRoadway" array
- compatibillity for attached objects
- compatibillity for objects without velocity. F.e. oneachframe setpos like ATS by duda (WMO_specialObjects array)
- sacrifical collision with the object that is ridden
- improved stability (less dying, smoother experience overall)
- improved Multiplayer synchronisation when going slow (<40 km/h)
Notes for Developers:
- pushback (object, classname or model) to the array WMO_specialObjects makes objects compatible with WMO (f.e. when it's not kind of land/air/ship))
- pushback (function) to the array BW_WMO_enter/BW_WMO_exit executes the function when the player steps onto a WMO Object with the object as a parameter.
Slopes that point into the direction the vehicle is going might cause (more then usual) stuttering.
Please provide feedback to this new version.
I don't think that I can improve the walk on moving stuff feature much more in Arma 3. The limit seems to be reached for me. :dontgetit:
- Performance optimizations
- Compatibility with Exile Mod
- WMO_specialObjects now supports classname and modelinfo
- Now the mod only needs to be installed on the client who wants to use it (except serverkeys)
Thanks to NiiRoZz for giving many optimization suggestions!
Update is quite small to avoid problems. Maybe I will release a WIP version in the future for bigger stuff, so that more people can test it.
- Added binarisazion for faster loading
- Added Server Key
- BI forums