Date: 2018-08-07 19:08
This is an early-access release of the Tomahawk from the anime series The Super Dimension Fortress Macross.
Problems I havent been able to fix thus far:
- problems in multiplayer (network desync on walking animations)
- mech getting stuck in things
Alot of work remains on this, but I dont want to spend alot of time working on it until the first two issues has been fixed (if they can be fixed). By releasing this I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with the issues it has. Please PM me if you're interested in helping out.
The config is a bit of a mess right now, but will be cleaned up later.
- ability to fire the same weapon from multiple muzzles
- fire missiles from the actual point it's located (not as easy as it sounds)
- randomized muzzleflashes
- custom death animation
This is a part of Macross vehicles I'm interessted in making.
I have a VF-1 in the works, but also there the progress has stalled a bit due to personal matters and a struggle to find enough time to work on it.
Here is a video of it:
More info about the Tomahawk can be read here: http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/destroid-tomahawk.htm
To install Macross - MBR-04-Mk VI Tomahawk you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- weapon systems (laser guided, and heat seeking missiles)
- adjustmenst to weapon damage
- walking sounds for clients in multiplayer
- damage textures
- laser dissappears from view for other players that the one firing (from some angles)
- "Get out" action multiplies after exiting the vehicle
- cocpit interiour
- ability to open head and raise seat
Credits & Thanks:
This mod is heavily inspired by the Wander Panzer mod by gmwo. I thank him for releasing his mod with unbinarized files. Without studying them and borrowing pieces of his code, this would not have been possible. This is why I'm also releasing my files unbinarized.
You can download his mod here:
Things I borrowed:
- script on "one-man control" of the mech
- walking sounds
I you want to use this for your own mod, please give credit to the content makers
For some reason the death animation turned to the oposite direction after binarizing. Fixed
Here are some hotfixes. I'm still planning on doing a major overhaul on this, and havent decided if it's to be released as an update to this package or releasing it as a brand new mod (I have to change a whole lot, class names included which will break existing scenarios and what not)
- changed modname (hope this didnt break anything)
- full zeus support (had to change addon name in CfgPatches. Sorry if this breaks stuff, but was necessary since its conflicting with my newly released Defender)
- version for NATO, CSAT, INDEPENDENT
- added speed limit
- fixed view mode bug(appeared after tank DLC)
- can now walk over small obstacles
- correct editor class (APC's -> Destroids)
- servosounds on turret rotation
Fixed "Get out" action multiplying
- missiles falling to the ground when fired
- desert camo
- added editorPreview picture (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gtmy2ftlqnubfh/20170909174359_1.jpg?dl=0)
- Fixed sound problems
- added destruct material when killed
- fixed syntax errors in code
- added camo selection in editor (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pep7gn59zz46hx3/20170909172524_1.jpg?dl=0)
- fixed bug in cfgMagazines where it broke 60Rnd_30mm_APFSDS_shells_Tracer_Yellow