Date: 2017-08-08 09:35
Welcome to the Jilu Islands, a group of three islands in the pacific.
These islands are based on the Marshall Islands minus the atolls.
The goal of this mod is to provide a playing ground for mainly naval, aquatic warfare and underwater exploration.
Please note that this mod is under development. You may encounter bugs and other problems. Please report them in the discussion section.
This terrain has tides!
These Islands are located near the Marshall Islands. The small sand and dirt specs on this earth used to be inhabited by a small amount of "natives". (they moved here after the discovery of the Marshall Islands)
but then in 1954 a 23500 Lb device fueled by Lithium deuteride was detonated on Bikini Atoll, releasing the energy of 15 Megatons of TNT. This event is more commonly known as Castle Bravo.
These Islands where evacuated a few days after the detonation as a precaution for the massive amount of fallout created by Castle Bravo. None of the 15 native inhabitants has returned since Castle Bravo. The ones that passed away were buried on the Islands but no one has lived there permanently ever since.
In 1959 the Jilu islands were declared save and in 1960 US Marines started doing exercises in the region.
A airfield was build for the USAF back in 1982 to house NORAD Equipment but was abandoned for unknown reasons.
The airfield is now used for US Marine landing exercises.
Idea's and suggestions are more than welcome!
Suggested ideas put in the spotlight:
- WW2 themed version of Jilu Island aka Jilu Islands (1943).
- CUP version of Jilu Islands aka Jilu Island (CUP)
Q: Why is the terrain so empty?
A: It's still under development and i hope to get suggestions and idea's from the community.
Q: How can i help with the development of the terrain?
A: You can help by posting idea's and bug reports in the discussion section.
Q: Why didn't you use Apex assets?
A: The Apex Pbo's are currently encrypted and can't be used, yet. (Will look into legal way of getting them)
Q: Will this mod have any mod dependencies?
A: No, but i'm planning to make a second version of this terrain using CUP assets.
Q; When will development finish?
A: as soon as i feel like it's complete and most issues are fixed. (It's quite empty right now)
Q: Can i use this terrain in my collection?
A: All you got to do is ask by adding me on steam and list it in the credits.
Q: I have a cool idea for the mod. How can i tell you my idea?
A: Post your idea in the discussion section under the correct category.
Q: I think this terrain is trash!
A: Um, that's not a question but it's probably because it's early in development.
Q: Were is the vegatation?
A: There is no vegatation on land because the Apex assets are locked and underwater because terrain processor is being a *Fluffy cloud floating in the wind*
To install Jilu Islands (WIP) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Road ends are inverted (no clue what is causing that)
- Roads do not fit with Ground texture. (will be replaced with more suitable road texture)
- Ground texture on terrain border is in correct.
- Error: "SummerIsland\data\av_middle_mco.paa" not found. (not sure if i should assign a midDetailTexture or leave it out overall)
- Wooden pier on Kabbor Jinen is flooded when it's high tide. (Blame it on global warming :P)
- Wet spots on airfield when it's high tide. (Blame it on global warming again)
- Number on runway ends are wrong. (need to make a retexture to get the right bearing numbers)
- ILS is not setup yet. (suggest using the USS Freedom for AI for now)
- PAPI Lights non-functional. (might be connected to ILS)
- REIL lights are off. (might be connected to ILS)
Credits & Thanks:
Me: MaartenvB123 aka M. Burg
Thanks to JAF for the Typo free files, template and solid tutorial.
License / Disclaimer:
This work is licensed under the Arma Public License
[4 August 2017]
Early-Dev Version published.