Malden Defence Forces is a Faction modification for Arma 3. This project will attempt to add a realistic armed force to protect the island of Malden realised in the free DLC; Malden 2035. Alex and I plan for this to be our first co-production to allow us both to improve our skill set. Malden Defence Force, AKA MDF, will be a strong military force able to defend itself and the islands within its maritime borders.
The MDF will have a Maritime Guard, an Army and an Air Force. With our first release slated to come out just before or a short time after the release of Malden 2035 DLC it will only include simple stand in representations and a custom camouflage and branch. Follow on updates will include the fleshing out of each branch of the military and special operations units for each branch. This will include new weapons made by Zeealex and possibility of new vehicles as well.
After the conflict on Malden between the Soviet separatists and the American Forces subsided 1985 leaving Malden in an impoverished and diminished state. The elected officials deemed it necessary for the country to have a standing Defense Force to avoid the events of the flash-point conflict of 1985 repeating themselves. As the nation expanded its economic power through its resources like fish and creation of luxury goods such as wine. The military grew with it to allow for proper protection of its newly exploited assets. This led to several arms companies to get involved including Robertsen Waffenfabarik GmbH Limited which actively pushed forward weapons development projects for the Malden Defence forces, which included it first mass produced weapon system, the CWS68, entering into mass production in 2022 and issued to troops of the Malden Army in the following year.
Note: The staged release is subject to change as the project progresses
-Initial Proof of Concept [COMPLETE!!!]
- Creation of Faction with light role Infantry and Reconnaissance units. [Complete]
- Creation of a unique woodland camouflage suited for Malden's climate using images from Malden's terrain. [Complete]
- Creating suitable stand in equipment for the units mentioned above to be replaced later with unique equipment. [Complete]
- Development of the CWS68 primary service rifle based off of the MR-C Prototyped by Crye Associates will begin immediately following stage 1 release [In Process]
- Creating suitable stand in vehicles for units mentioned above to be replaced later with unique vehicles. [In Process]
- Configuring Squads and Branches within the MDF and making it Zeus-compatible. [In Process]
- Creation of a Malden National Flag as well as an MDF flag to replace stand in. [Complete]
- Further expansion of equipment and weaponry
- Hopeful completion of CWS68 and implementation into the current MDF units. [In Process]
- Development of unique body armour, helmets and other unique equipment for staged release upon completion for Units mentioned above. [In Process]
- Development of secondary and tertiary camo patterns for the MDF including a Marine or maritime Camo and a Deployment Camo with matching equipment for each. [In Process]
To install Malden Defence Forces you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
Config completed by R0adKill
Loadouts completed by Pilgrim
Camo pattern MALCAM Completed by Zeealex
Re-textures Completed by ZeeAlex and Pilgrim
- Arma 3 Malden
- BI forums