Dagger Sniper Mod is a state-of-the art re-texture project with top quality work on uniforms, vests, backpacks and helmets, depicting more than 30 real life military camouflage patterns like: M81, ERDL, Urban ERDL, Tiger Stripes, Olive Drab, Coyote, Police Black, Urban Grey, Cobra Blue, UCP, MARPAT, MARPAT Desert, CADPAT, NSU, OCP, AOR, Multicam, MOUT, DCU, US4CES 04, Brazilian Lizard, Flecktarn, M84, Vz 95, M90, Kryptek. I suggest playing this mod with the Recolor Mod, using the Contrast & Saturation option.
Dagger Sniper Mod is also a low cost, serious, long range, shooting simulation platform for Arma 3 and ACE. It brings many sniper scope reticles which fully work on range estimation, holds and target lead trainning. All the main calibers are here, with real life ballistic coefficients, meaning you can use your own ballistics software to predict in game bullet trajectory.
Included rifles/calibers: .458 SOCOM, 22 LR, 5.7 mm, 4.6 mm, .45 ACP, .220 Swift, .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO, .243 Win, .257 Roberts, .264 Win Mag / 6.5 mm, .270 Weatherby Mag, .277 / 6.8 SPC, 7.62x54R, .284 Rem Mag / 7mm, 30-06 Springfield, .308 / 7.62 NATO, .300 Win Mag, .300 Blackout, .303 Enfield / 7.7x56 Rimmed, 7.92x57 Mauser, .338 Lapua Magnum, .408 Cheytac, .50 BMG, .366 / 9.3x64 Brenneke.
Included scope's reticles: Broken scope, AN/PVS-7, Swarovski Aug 1.5x, Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T, Carl Gustav MAAWS 3x scope, Aimpoint Compm4s 3x, Trijicon Acog TA33A-13 3x, Zeiss ZF 3x4°, Elcan C79, Elcan M145 (for 5.56x45), Elcan M145 (for 7.62x51), WWII Enfield No.4 3.5x, Trijicon Acog TA11J-308 (for 7.62x51), Trijicon Acog TA11MGO-M249 (for 5.56x45), AN/PVS-4 4x, S&B Zenith Short Dot 1.1-4x 24mm, Colt 4x duplex scope, EOTech 516 and 4X magnifier combo (SPF), Zeiss Hensoldt 4x24 M1 scope, POSP 4x, PSO 4x (7.62x54), PSO 4x (9x39mm), Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x 5.56 NATO, Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x 7.62 NATO, Sight Unit Small Arms, Trijicon Acog TA31RCO, XM8 4x sight, Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450, FLIR binocular, AN/PEQ-1 SOFLAM, M3 binoculars, 6x Duplex sight, UK 6x Maxikite, Trijicom Acog 6x TA648, VECTOR 21 (Nite), Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm (30mm) M2, AN/PVS-10 8x, Redfield USMC Vietnam Era Accu-Range 3-9x40 scope, Leatherwood ART II 3-9x, Generic 9x duplex scope, Swatscope SSVZ, Rapid RR-800-2 (10x42mm), Fictional Rapid 1000 scope, AN/PAS-13 (V3) 5-10 zoom, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M5, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M2 Illum, NF NXR 2.5-10x42 with MLR reticle, USMC Unertl MST-100 10x scope, Leupold Mk 4 LR/T M3 10×40mm, Zeiss 3-12x56 Diavari VM/V T* 30 mm, S&B M8541 3-12x USMC Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), S&B 3-12x50 PM II/LP/MTC, Zeiss 3–12×56 SSG, NF Velocity 1000 3.5-15x56 NXS, Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical, NF 3.5-15x50 F1 NXS MLR2.0, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 16x40mm (30mm) M1, Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44mm M5B2 (34mm), S&B 3-20x50 PM II/LP/MTC/LT, S&B 5-25x56 PMII LP/MTC/LT H37, Leupold Mk4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm (30mm) M1 Illum, S&B 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC/LT MSR, S&B 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC, NF ATACR 5-25x56, NF 8-32x56 NXS MIL-DOT, Generic spotting scope with 1 MIL stadia lines.
Please, do not rate the mod poorly just because it does not add the 3D models of the scopes or rifles you want. The real power of Dagger mod relies on functionality rather than 3D appearance. This mod focuses on simulation and functional representation of shooting instead of creating 3D shells.
To install Dagger Mod (ACE) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Please, donate if you like the mod and if you believe it adds to your trainnning.
If you are in Europe and use this mod in your unit, please PM me and let's play together :)
If you like the assets in this mod and want them in your game, real life project or mod, let's talk.
Credits & Thanks:
Digao, Ruthberg, Dedmen, Baermitumlaut, Laid3ack, Zal and the other ACE members.
KICKASS - Bolt hand framework animation.
DrCucky - Ar15 rifle.
maxbugor - PBR ATAICS rifle.
SteveHuynh - Skull mask... pending ...
Uriki - Ballistic mask.
Ebitusa - Tac50 rifle.
(07-12-2020 - updated as it happens, displayed in news as it happens)
This time it was to fix a reported issue with sounds. I took advantage to add more real life uniform camo patterns.
Hi all, this is an update to allow users of mod to see the same vehicles as the users of the beta test version.
At the moment, I am working on the factions, meaning not all factions are ready yet and, new vehicle textures still to be implemented.
After all, the mod became a full modification project, with many factions, weapons, gear and vehicles.
Tweaked materials to make uniforms look lighter, since the environment lights have lost intensity.
Fixed an issue with muzzle velocities at 0 C.
- new rifle models
- a complete review of the configs.
fix a problem with some shadows not appearing
I have also added more ghillie options.
Change: Added many sniper items: Doll, umbrella, hide, veil, coat, more ghillies, more rifle nets, new IED's, shooting mats, etc.
Reduced weapon sound volume, reworked some textures.
- Added more camos.
- Fixed scope heights.
- Added more rifle nets.
- Updated many bullet lengths, weights and BC's.
- Recalculated all muzzle velocities to match SAAMI standards. Now you can realisticaly compare performance of ammo. Many ammo manufactures were exagerating on their muzzle velocities, and many public domain sources were also providing muzzle velocities without informing the equivalent barrel lenghts, leaving too much gess work to modders.
- Penetration and damage values may have slightly changed as a reflex of the above changes.
- All ammo have exactly the same TOF - Time Of Flight as the Applied Ballistics software (from muzzle to the start of the transonic speed).
- Changed scope height + rail heigth = 2.6", so that bore heigth be exactly the same of ACE's range table.
- Muzzle velocities calculated from 16" to 30" barrels. So, every rifle in between will have proportional muzzle velocities. It means that:
1) Short barreled rifles will cause less damage, just like real life.
2) The mod is automatically compatible to any other ACE compatible mod. People just need to make those mod's weapons use this mod's magazines.
- Improved textures.
- Replacements by new camoes.
- Added backpacks.
- Added rfles.
- Added balaclavas.
- Added rifle camo nets.
- Ballistics review.
- Added rifle paint to magazines and cheek rest.
- Added new textures to the sniper ponchos.
- Reduced bullet dispersion due to overheating.
- No more asthmatic soldier.
- No more snipers with parkinson disease.
- Fixed the armor not protecting the abdomen.
- Increased vest carrying capacity.
- Increased overall damage values and penetration, now the .50 destroys APC's.
- Redistributed the rifles camoes, now only the hand painted camoes are present.
- Camo is also painted over boots and gloves.
- Added half ghillies or sniper ponchos and balaclavas.
- Improved many textures.
- Advanced Combat Environment 3 (ACE 3)
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums