I created this for VBS3 and converted it across (and fancied it up) for ArmA 3. It allows required ammunition types to be detonated for use as an airburst round. This was converted primarily for the ADF Uncut Carl Gustav 84mm HE round, however it could conceivably be used for any explosive round (also tested on vanilla RPG-42 HE and HEAT rounds).
- GUI for quick input of range.
- Engagement distances:
- Range setting under 40m will have no affect (i.e. impact detonation).
- Range setting between 40m and 70m will have a chance to fail to detonate.
- Can be applied to only selected players (e.g. units who would be trained in the application of HE rounds for airburst).
- Can account for numerous ammunition types (customisable).
- Range setting will be "remembered" until a round is fired (pre-set a range into the next round).
- More of a sacrifice on realism in favour of gameplay:
- Range can be re-adjusted, including closer, without "breaking" the fuse.
- AT gunner is the one making fuse adjustments.
- Can potentially be used on any explosive round not featuring an adjustable fuse in reality (e.g. HEAT rounds).
- Support for multiple languages (if required).
- ACE3 compatibility.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Airburst HE please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
- @madpat3 for his German translation.
Fixed - ACE3 interaction menu was adding extra actions after respawning.
Added - ACE3 compatibility.
Added - Custom coloured icon for ACE3 interaction menu.
Fixed - "Fuse: Impact" wasn't showing on English only version when "Confirm" button was clicked with the mouse.
Changed - Removed "0" from the text box. Text box now starts empty to be more user friendly when entering ranges.
Changed - Action menu action now coloured instead of being plain white.
Added - Created two versions:
- English only.
- Multi-language (stringtable.xml).
Fixed - Corrected readMe instructions for using stringtable.xml.
Fixed - Some minor translation fixes.
Changed - Some dialog controls were adjusted to allow for different length text (depending on language).
Changed - Fuse set below 40m will now return "Impact" instead of the range entered into the text box.
Changed - Hint displaying the fuse setting will disappear after round detonates.
Added - stringtable.xml translations.
Changed - Pressing backspace or delete will now clear the range text field, as opposed to resetting it to "0".
Fixed - Range text field couldn't be changed after confirming.
Fixed - initAirburst.sqf was not saving ammunition natures as intended, due to small change in the execution in initPlayerLocal.sqf that had been made. initAirburst.sqf now reflects the change that was made.
Added - Pressing backspace or delete will reset the range text field.
Added - Range text field tool-tip now also includes minimum range setting (40m) required.
Fixed - Multiple ammunition natures now properly supported.
Added - JIP compatible.
Changed - Re-worked how the function is launched (check To use).
Added - Can now close dialog with enter keys. Pressing enter will perform the same as clicking confirm.
Changed - Reduced the chance for a fuse failure when set between 40m - 70m.
Changed - Fuse setting hint now displays "Impact" if set to 0m, instead of "0m".
Changed - Dialog now opens with text field focused (no need to click inside text field to start typing).
- BI forums