Date: 2021-02-12 17:59
This mod adds a surrender mechanic for the AI. If a unit is fleeing and the closest enemy (that he knows of) is closer than his closest friend, the unit will surrender. A wounded enemy will also surrender if he is surrounded by enemy. I also included a mechanic for making AI disembark from vehicles if they have enemy within 50 meters.
To install ZluskeN Hors de combat you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Changelog: (27-11-2020 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every two months)
- added a setting to set max instances of surrender loops, if you have performance issues, try lowering this
- Script no longer runs for civilians
Added configurable settings
Fixed bug that made players perpetual captives when downed
removed all usage of findnearestenemy, replaced with custom function
- Moved the handgun switching function to my "clientside scripts mod"
- Downed enemies will now drop their weapons, they will also no longer be fired upon by AI,
Fixed "undefined variable in expression _ms, file fn_surrender_cycle.sqf, line 23" bug
Tweaked Surrender Cycle
Moved AI Tweaks to Clientside mod
- Removed unconsciousness handler (moved some functionality to clientside scripts instead)
Extended "surrender range"
Trying out CBA Eventhandlers for handling unconscious units
Tweaked Knowsabout value
Fixed a bug when crew leave air vehicles
Removed ACE Dependency
Added CBA Dependency
Improved weapon drop script
- Removed Downed and Medicloop functions
- Removed Damage Eventhandler
- Replaced a while loop with waitUntil
Removed reference to an old function
I've made lots of litttle tweaks over the past montch, don't remember them all.
Anyway it should run much smoother now, and be compatible with new ACE
Added missing bikey file
Too many changes to list, the script is heavily optimized and should now work better an have less impact on servers.
Still to do is to add an option to disable "downed" enemies
- Went back to scheduled environment
Basically Everything's been rewritten to hopefully make the mod less taxing (and more reliable).
Much of the ACE dependancy has been removed (not all though so ACE is still a requirement).
New functionality includes AI medics automatically healing downed units even if they are enemy (at which point they will surrender).
- Removed the wounded event
Script now runs in an unscheduled environment
Found a new bis function to check if an AI detects enemies which should make the script a little faster
Removed some random number generation
Fixed a bug that would prevent players entering zeus mode in some cases
Added in my addarsenal script
Fixed error in earlier fix and tested it, It should actually work now
- Added an additional check to make sure the script only runs on man-class units when spawned by zeus
Script significantly optimized and stabilized
Added in the other kind of 'Hors de Combat', AI can now be downed and incapacitated. If you give a downed enemy medical aid they will surrender.
Script now uses CBA_fnc_players to detect wheter a unit is player controlled or not before triggering the surrender.
Hopefully it should prevent players from being surrendered when their guy panics
Script now limited to run on no more than 48 units at a time, which should fix the stuttering problems.
- AI will now put away handguns in Careless mode as well
- Intervals between checks are now randomized, which should make the script run much smoother
- Modified the "holster sidearm" function (experimental)
Removed - the function for making unconscious units surrender. It just would not work.
They will still surrender if you give them medical aid or restrain them while they are unconscious.
Added a second script that makes ai with handguns put them away when in "safe" mode (requested)
Updated with mod.cpp
Fixed odd behaviour from tank crews, they will now only disembark to surrender
- Community Base addons A3