The AIM-92 Stinger or ATAS (Air To Air Stinger) is an air-to-air missile developed from the shoulder-launched FIM-92 Stinger system, for use on helicopters such as the AH-64 Apache, Eurocopter Tiger and also UAVs such as the MQ-1 Predator. The missile itself is identical to the shoulder-launched Stinger.(info from Wikipedia)
Please Note this Addon requires RHS: USAF to work.
For those who want a Version for CUP you can find it here.
This my attempt to try and make the AIM-92 Stinger or ATAS for Arma 3 it can be applied to all armed helicopters and aircraft with the dynamic loadouts menu in the editor. I have tried to make this as close to the actual AIM-92 Stinger as possible.
- AIM-92 Stinger pod with 2x Stinger missiles.
- Can be used with any Addon with aricraft that use base pylon names.
- Can be used with Sabs aircraft addons.
- Can be used with firewills aircraft addons.
- Can be used with RHS Aircraft.
To install RHS AIM-92 Stinger you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
RHS Stinger ATAS.pbo
- The missile pod might clip on some types of aircraft pylons.
- At the moment the missile cannot be used with any of the Jets DLC Aircraft as i do not know the pylon class names to attatch them too.
- 4 Round Missile pod.
- The weapon system is designed to be used on helicopters but can be used on planes aswell.
- The missile pod is made up of various models from ARMA 2 and its DLCs.
Credits & Thanks:
- Bohemia interactive for the base textures and models.
- da12thMonkey for his or her info on making custom dynamic loadout weapons and pylons.
Fixed missile firing from the wrong part of the model.
Misc bug fixs.
Redone all models.
Removed obsolete textures.
Misc bug fixes.
Fixed a bug that would not let the missile lock on to any targets.
Added missing BIKEY.