Project SFX is the extension of the audio elements in Arma 3. Initially, the project has positioned itself as a mod that adds the sounds of death units. However, I went a little further and decided to expand the sound elements, which I missed.
Actual version: 0.3.6
This is NOT SERVER SIDE MOD. Client and Server both must have addon installed.
► So what includes the mod?
◆ The sounds of death
Like I said the mod was originally conceived as a Death Scream Sound mod. So this feature will not go away.
So unit there are 5 States.
1) If unit is in SAFE, AWARE, or STEALH - it will only emit a small moan, which hardly anyone will hear. However, his body will fall with a big volume. (If unit was standing at full height).
2) If unit took a bullet in the head or neck - it will publish only a small groan choking in his own blood trying to shout something or say.
3) If unit is in combat, then at death it will emit a piercing scream. Sounds very atmospheric in large firefights.
4) If your unit was sitting in the vegicle (for example in the tank) then the explosion, if he was still alive inside (selected randomized), you will hear him burning to death and trying to get out of the vehicle (Implemented only by the sounds, although I have a few ideas on this score).
5) If unit was killed under water - playing a special sound.
◆ SFX Sounds characters
1) When throwing grenades, you can hear a heavy exhale, and the sounds of throwing grenades.
2) Now you are not a butterfly that can land silently. Now upon landing you will hear the sound of your feet. In the same way it works with water.
3) Special Hit sounds
4) Special sounds when you open your inventory
5) Shelshock effect from explosions
◆New ambient firefight sounds
They modify the original sounds for better one. You can hear them in the original campaign, or in Zeus.
Full multiplayer compatibility
With the mod FEMALE, ENFORCER, Max Women, girls will scream from you. ( ° ʖ °)
With mod Zombie and Daemons and Ravaged - special sounds for infected
Bikey for dedicated servers.
To install SFX Project you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Community Base addons A3