The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) AV-8B Harrier II is a single-engine ground-attack aircraft that constitutes the second generation of the Harrier Jump Jet family. Capable of vertical or short takeoff and landing (V/STOL), the aircraft was designed in the late 1970s as an Anglo-American development of the British Hawker Siddeley Harrier, the first operational V/STOL aircraft. Named after a bird of prey, it is primarily employed on light attack or multi-role missions, ranging from close air support of ground troops to armed reconnaissance. The AV-8B is used by the United States Marine Corps (USMC), the Spanish Navy, and the Italian Navy. A variant of the AV-8B, the British Aerospace Harrier II, was developed for the British military, while another, the TAV-8B, is a dedicated two-seat trainer.
Typically operated from small aircraft carriers, large amphibious assault ships and simple forward operating bases, AV-8Bs have participated in numerous military and humanitarian operations, proving themselves versatile assets. U.S. Army General Norman Schwarzkopf named the USMC Harrier II as one of several important weapons in the Gulf War. The aircraft took part in combat during the Iraq War beginning in 2003. The Harrier II has served in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan since 2001, and was used in Operation Odyssey Dawn in Libya in 2011. Italian and Spanish Harrier IIs have taken part in overseas conflicts in conjunction with NATO coalitions. During its service history, the AV-8B has had a high accident rate, related to the percentage of time spent in critical take-off and landing phases. USMC and Italian Navy AV-8Bs are to be replaced by the Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II, with the former expected to operate its Harriers until 2025.
- AV-8B Harrier series
- vertical or short takeoff and landing (V/STOL) Feature
- various weapon/equipment
- Change the loadout, skin with Loadout dialog
- Targeting system for precision strike.
Key Feature/ Simple Guide
input the "Missile Carrier For Rearming" in map. it is can found Empty->FIR objects category.
if AV-8B is near missile carrier and zero speed, Open Dialog action is will be activated.
press the action and configure your aircraft whatever you want.
Loadout menu is provide of select the loadout, change the skin, refuel and rearm. also loadout preset is supported.
please check the AWS Field Manual PDF File
AV-8B is Support ADES, can change skin and customize decal,roundel etc.
if you want to know more detail information about ADES, please check the ADES Custom Manual in AWS Manual Folder.
ECM System is Jamming for Enemy Radar-Based Missile.
basic internal jammer installed, Intrepid Tiger II EW pod for external jammer
You must Define of Useraction key. below key list is shortcut for function.
UserAction 2 - ECM JAMMER ON
UserAction 3 - Open Dialog
UserAction 4 - Open I-TGT System
UserAction 5 - Jettison Fueltank
UserAction 6 - TGP Screen ON/OFF
UserAction 7 - TGP Screen zoom Toggle
UserAction 8 - TGP Screenmode Toggle
UserAction 9 - Map screen ON/OFF
**Replace the Pilot**
want to replace the pilot from FIR Pilot Crew Pack, just select the type in Combo box attribute in AV-8B
**Custom Save/Load **
- save : select loadouts -> select custom preset in preset combo -> press diskette button
- load : select custom preset in preset combo -> press apply
To install AV-8B Harrier 2 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the AV-8B Harrier 2 please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Classname /name/ Faction
FIR_AV8B / AV-8B Harrier 2 Plus / NATO
- cockpit is WIP
- aircraft performance may need to adjust.
- physx wheels parameter is still need to adjust.
Credits & Thanks:
Myke - i'm use his "Air vehicles instruments & gauges - Open source"
John Spartan & saul - allow for use afterburner , Ejection Script.
geraldbolso1899 - allow for use kimi F-16 HUD/HMD.
fullerpj - allow for Compatible with KC-135 Stratotanker from USAF Mod.
Mr.R - he is my real friend, testing, provides some sound
77th CFW members - Addon Tester for my addon
BIS - ArmA 3 and arma 2 sample model, texture and arma 3 function.
Supporters from Patreon
Diver | TFRF
License / Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused
by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.
- hitpoints added
- ECM capability data added
- new pilot for basic crew
- replace pilot combo box has been changed to checkbox
- all skins upgraded with new material and style
- VMA-311 Tomcats skin added
- maintenance : new wing vortice and engine exhaust effect applied from AWS(wing vortice effect is working with Dev build for now)
- VMA-214 Squadron Skins Added(14 planes)
- Default sensor panel range increased 2km to 8km(8->16->30->2->4)
- Harrier 2 GR7/9A forever taxing fixed
- Blank skins landing gear texture fixed
- maintenance : fixed class inheritance
- nozzle direction added on the HUD(currnetly WIP)
- new blank skins
- maintenance : new ADES Interface integrated
- refueling probe animation improved
- maintenance : IDD for AMS gui has been changed
AV-8B(N/A and Plus) : 5166
Harrier 2 GR.7/9 : 5167
- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA/ATG Training presets
- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)
- missing HUD fixed for AV-8B N/A and British Harrier II
- defaultUserMFDvalues added in config
- bug fixes : HUD disappear in MP client / AMS Bug etc
- RAF harrier classes added in CfgPatches
- British Aerospace Harrier II GR.7 and GR.9 added(3 skins)
- AMS Integration : new integrated loadout system(see AWS readme for more detail)
- HCS(HUD Color slider System) added
- Skins Categorized
- HUD improvement : CCIP and etc
- AV-8B N/A(Night Attack) version added(no radar, no AMRAAM)
- damage materials added
- Initial Release
- FIR AWS (AirWeaponSystem)
- BI forums