This mod was originaly designed to be in Arma1.
Acting on the orders of Joseph Stalin, Soviet engineers created the Mammoth Tank, the heaviest tank ever produced in the Red Alert conflict, to counter the increasing threat of the Allies latest tank. The Mammoth was armed with two 120mm cannons and twin anti-infantry and anti-aircraft Mammoth Tusk missile pods. An atomic generator powered the enormous vehicle. Mammoth was extremely heavy armored, it was also very slow. It was truly the last word in conventional vehicle technology. The enormous chassis was supported by a pair of treads on each side. The turret was plugged into the hull with a relatively thin screw-like extension. There is no large turret well and the turret is a self-contained module with crew transfer being possible between the turret and hull. The turret aiming and rotation mechanism is automated so much as it aim directly to its intended target swiftly. The vehicle is equipped to carry out limited battlefield repairs independently. In addition to being a threat to ground targets the tank's missiles could also engage aircraft.
The CSAT updated the tank and rearmed it :
- They changed the engine due to his danger for the crew. The mammoth explosion made radiation for decades in the area and killed the crew years later even if they leaved the tank.
- There is now 2 Gaz Turbines in the engine compartment,
- They also installed two 188 mm Cannons instead of the twin 120 mm.
- The turret armor is thicker than before.
- In order to modernize it's capabilities they installed a radar in the turret nose between the cannons.
-weight :150 tons.
-armament : Twin Cannons 188mm AP,HE,X66 Machinegun and 12 missiles AA and AG.
-Armor can auto-regenerate until 50%.
To install X66-Mammoth Tank you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Missiles fire effect stuck to the left missile pod. Spent lot of (hours & days) by testing changing,testing again.... to fix it. Not yet found how to do.
This mod is the result of my passion about video-games, I mixed the command and conquer famous unit into Arma,
This is the first addon i am publishing. I did my best to make this unreal unit fit well into arma game. I told myself "what if the tank would exist, how it would be in Arma..."
I'm currently fixing the reported error/bug on the tank.
Thank you for your FeedBack and bug report, working on it.
Credits & Thanks:
I want to thanks bohemia and all the Arma community. I hope this Gift will please you all.
Have fun with it and see you at the next update.
- Fixed wrong camo snow texture for the turret.
- Tweaked the rvmat.
- Revert back from 152 mm to 188mm because the gun chamber measure 188mm.
- Added 2 new ammunition (HEAT and HyperVelocityProjectile available only for the GDI tank).
- Added Shells physicaly modeled, unlike Arma1 sadly arma 3 doesn't show the 3d objects when they are going more than 450 m/s. i have put tracers instead.
- Lower a bit the armor resistance.
- the tank have less ammo, it's still 76 in total. before it was something like around 90.
- changed tracer color red for AP and yellow for HE and green for HEAT.
- number of ammo 20 AP, 8 HE, 10 HEAT for 1 canon.
- HVP projectile are faster than the APFSDS (the GDI is the more advanced mammoth)
- added SLA texture to fit with CUP.
- updated the rvmat from old arma1 rvmat to arma3 rvmat.
- added flames behind missile.
- GDI camo back to the first one i made
- added camos for Blufor side, snow,desert,woodland, nato pacific
- reworked the desert camo of opfor side
- Replaced the 188 mm for 152 mm, "realism" reason (damage are not changed)
- Fixed the smoke launcher effect
i didnt put 20 mm machine gun as asked, it became too easy to shot down an helicopter with the gunner.
Known bugs :
-missile backfire effect stuck on the left side.
- Removed the wrong side backfire effect from missile pods.
- Reworked the physx.
- Added the SLA desert camo in opfor side.
- Reworked the gdi camo.
- The canons and missiles do more damage.
- Reworked small other things.
- Tank fuel consumption rate has been raised.
- Fixed commander and gunner hit problem when they was out of the tank.
-Reworked the CSAT and CSAT pacific camo.
-Added a sound effect for the electric arcs.
- Removed the canons geometry.
When it had the canons geometry :
- The A.I Mammoth could be stuck by small objects like an electric pole.
- Killed or damaged the tank or crew when collapsing with buildings.
- Return the the tank upsidedown.
-Reload Time has been changed from 7 seconds to 14 seconds.
-Auto switching when firing from first canons or the second.
- AI are working better at targeting and fire.
- Longer range for zeroing.(5000 m for canons and 3000 for 35mm machinegun).
- Physx modified a bit.
- Work without CBA.
Know issue :
- Flame effect keep firing at the left mammoth tusk missiles
- The shape of the tank have been modified (Length and height).
- Added more detail for Arma3.
- 4K textures.
- coaxial machinegun added + 35 mm machinegun for commander with low fire rate.
- Physx modified a bit to feel it more heavy.
- Hatchs now working for the driver and commander.
- Removed the ability to lock with missiles.
- The missiles doesn't work properly yet.
- Ai do not use the missiles like i want.
- Ai doesn't brake enought while driving.
- Tweaked Nato, Gdi, Snow, Green camo.
- Modified the tank Physx.
- Radar is working now like i wanted.
- I Forgot to add the Bikey file
- Fixed dirt effect when fired at mammoth
- Added snow camo
- Tweaked turret speed rotation
- Minor other fix
- LOD definitions optimisation added
- Destruction smoke effect added
- The auto repair now repair only the Hull and not everything like before
- Main guns are now separated.
- 40 AP rounds and 16 HE rounds for each cannons
- red alert sound for the main gun is replaced by arma 3 sound.
- Pacific CSAT side Crew are now fixed.
- other minor fix and tweaks about optics, sound ...
- Zeus compatibility Fixed
- Keys added in the files
- Added radar.
- Fixed smoke screen.
- Tweaked GDI camo to fit better Nato side.
- Missiles are now more accurate.
- Added GDI Camo for blufor.
- Re-worked the damping.
- Corrected the semi damaged texture.
- Changed "Defense" classname to "HTNK",
if you made scenarios just change in the mission.sqm in the activeaddons or autoaddons : "Defense" to "HTNK"
Added new camo(pacific csat, green,grey).
- csat mammoth is now in csat faction.
Added Key files for server.
Changed the missile gravity center and speed. it still need some tweaking to be more accurate.
Added FLIR on gunner and commander sights.
Fixed error message about missiles proxy P: HTNK\...
Single player known bugs :
-smoke effect when firing the pair of missiles.
-cartridges not jumping out from the commander turret like i wanted.
Multi-player known bugs:
- Never tested
- Community Base addons A3