Mod prevents APCs (and any other vehicles that can be configured in mod's settings) from instant destruction in the fireball and adds vehicle fire instead, that burns vehicle after some time.
The mod is compatible with ACE Cookoff module; the mod is configured to be compatible with vehicles of APC class from RHS AFRF, RHS USAF and CUP Vehicles.
- Prevents vehicle instant explosion and adds engine fire after engine/fuel critical hit
- Adds smoke effect, notification and damage to crew when vehicle is on fire
- Disables ACE-cookoff for APC vehicles with MG only (e.g. BRDM/BTR w.KPVT)
- Massive damage immobilize vehicle instead of exploding it (pretending that transmission, wheel axes and other not simulated stuff become broken or destroyed)
To install dzn Vehicle on Fire you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Install the mod to your client or dedicated server only
- Check mod settings in the ((Settings -> Addon Options -> dzn Vehicle On Fire))
- (optional) update the list of the classes that should NOT cook-off/explode, but burn in the "Non-cooking off vehicles" in format [@Classname, @DamageLimit], where @Classname is a class of vehicle or it's parent, and @DamageLimit is number of damage that vehicle can take before immobilization; you can define any vehicle class or even root classes like Car
- (optional) update the list of the classes that are sub-classes of "Non-cooking off vehicles", but should cook-off (e.g. BTR-82A) in the "Cooking off vehicles"
- Start the game and have fun!
Credits & Thanks:
Developed by 10Dozen
Tested by Tactical Shift Arma 3 community (wow, much thanks, such appreciate)
License / Disclaimer:
- Added: "Car", "Motorcycle", "Air", "Ship" classes as defaults to "Non-cooking off vehicles"
Added BIkeys and russian localization
- Community Base addons A3