MIL_WallBreaching is a set of scripts that allows designated players to breach urban walls and fences using vanilla Explosive Charges.
- Uses explosive charges as breaching charges.
- Optional Red/Green indicator on each charge to indicate a player's safe distance from a charge.
- Specific players can be used as designated breachers.
- All players (including non-breachers) can see effects/features of the system.
- Disorientating effects for anyone, human or AI, caught by the explosive breach.
- Single/Multiple charges can be used together
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the WallBreaching please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
* Mission #2 requires Advanced Rappelling to be run on the host/server only.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- Sometimes walls (I think only in specific locations/circumstances) will collapse when setting a charge. This has been improved on recently but still needs work.
- Very rarely a wall may fail to be breached on a multi-breach. I've only seen it once, and couldn't recreate it so if it happens throw as much detail my way as you can.
This is easily one of the more complicated things I've tried to do in ArmA, and it's taken (on and off) most of the year to get to this point. Plus, most things I try to do in ArmA are complicated, writing code is not my forte and is all self-taught (I literally just today learnt that allowDamage arguments are LOCAL!!!!!!, after over a decade of casually making missions since OFP came out of it's demo phase :down:).
If anyone happens across any bugs, or has any suggestions, please let me know. I would like to implement door breaching in the future too, so I'll see where that takes me.
Credits & Thanks:
- Credit to zorilya, who's code for aligning a bomb against a wall was offered up for use (in one of his replies in this video).
- Honestly, without the maths already being available I doubt this would've worked out for me. I'm a numbers kind of guy, but I'm no mathemagician (Simpsons reference).
- For the missions themselves, they are credit to a number of people within their briefings.
- My mates for playing my stuff in ways which no sane person plays ArmA.
- My kids for playing ArmA properly
Added - Option to turn green/red indicators on or off (via initServer.sqf - see readMe.txt).
Fixed - Client would attempt to run initialisation even if server had not yet compiled functions.
- BI forums