Hellenic Armed Forces MOD - Submarines
This is version 2.0 of a completely working Submarines set for ArmA 3.
A long time effort for a MilSim part that I believe that was missing from this game and which would not been possible to be achieved without my friend Devastator_cm which did all scripting dirty work on it.
On this mod you will have the opportunity to complete use some of the main Submarines stations as Commander, Weapons Officer, Sonar Officer, Driver, as well to use it as Cargo for your missions.
These Submarines are capable to shot Torpedoes, Harpoon Missiles, Cruise Missiles and Decoys in order to defend themselves.
Also there are scripts that control AIs behavior, in case Submarine is controlled by them, as even new waypoints and EDEN attributes in order to help the user more.
This mod is coming with an Operations Manual which is a "must" for user to read prior use the mod.
On this stage the mod persisted by 4 submarines, 3 of them are on NATO side, 2 on Independent side and one on OPFOR side.
Some of them have more capabilities that others and everything is explained in manual.
Generally I'll not write much more for this mod, I'll let you try it and see what can be offer to ArmA.
Again, all credits goes to Devastator_cm for his work and to BIS for the game.
NOTE: just one of these Submarines but with same usage and everything else, is into Devastator_cm "DEVAS_TAF" mod for Turkish Forces.
NOTE 2: No permission for retexture or any change to models and scripts of this mod it is given to anyone. Only permission to include it AS IS in servers is permitted by the authors.
NOTE 3: This mod needs the CBA addon in order to work (dependency).
HAFM Ships relative mod link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32207
To install Hellenic Armed Forces MOD - Submarines you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
just one of these Submarines but with same usage and everything else, is into Devastator_cm "DEVAS_TAF" mod for Turkish Forces.
Credits & Thanks:
All credits goes to Devastator_cm for his work and to BIS for the game.
License / Disclaimer:
No permission for retexture or any change to models and scripts of this mod it is given to anyone. Only permission to include it AS IS in servers is permitted by the authors.
Tweaked: Custom get in action for locked vehicles will be disabled in case vehicle is locked
fix for Dedicated Server issues
- Fixed: Submarines Re-arming now works as expected.
- Fixed: Ships and submarines optics will have proper rotations and will not stuck while performing 360 turns.
- Tweaked: Ships and submarines radar footprints adjusted.
- Tweaked: Ships and submarines sensors and panels are improved.
- Tweaked: Boats numbers on ships and submarines changed to reflect more real life logic ...
Added: An SDV (new model) capable to carry 6 people instead of 4 seats has the default one.
Fixed: Missiles rearm now is working on dedicated servers.
- Added: New vehicles entry point at middle of ships and submarines to ease the entry into vehicle.
- Tweaked: Anti Ship missiles speed increased (UGM84D & RGM84D - 700kph, EXOCET - 900kph, 3M54T - 1400kph).
-Added: Zeus Modules to make Cruise missile attacks
-Fixed: Zeus remote controlled units can access GUIs without any issue
-Fixed: Some sounds and textures issues are solved
-Fixed: Scope for HAFM_Helper and HAFM_Flagpole fixed. They are not in object list anymore
-Tweaked: Torpedoes detects target ships existence better to trigger the detonation
-Tweaked: User manual has new section for mission makers and Zeus
Small fix because of binarization error on previous update
- Fixed: Good news for the servers which has vehicle purchase functionalities. Issues by the spawned (via script or Zeus) submarines/ships in dedicated server solved. From now on all GUIs and systems will work fine for such vehicles as well.
- Fixed: issue with inventory on Virginia and Yassen submarines.
- Fixed: On dedicated servers under Cruise Missiles panel, fire button turns to "red" marking, when used to fire a missile.
So from now on, if submarine is submerged you can get in only through DDS.
Small fix :
For AI controlled ships/submarines, the behavior is tweaked:
- In case commander/group of ship/submarine has CombatMode "BLUE" (Never fire), it will not attack to enemies but only defend.
- In case commander/group of ship/submarine has CombatMode "GREEN" (Hold fire - defend only) or "WHITE" (Hold fire, engage at will), it will attack only if it is attacked
- Performance improvement for dedicated server (for ships and subs)
Oxygen calculation removed for the moment as was causing troubles to players.
Small fix for waypoints path ...
and some changes as now there is another mod that completes the Naval aspect.
So, a new core and weapons mod comes out as depentancy for Submarines as also for the new Ships mod.
Torpedoes issue fixed.
- Torpedoes have new thrust logic.
- Bubble issue fixed (this was causing all crash issues plus the DX11 issue).
- Zero divisor issue by status display fixed.
- TFAR 1.0 compatibility added.
- Sub loadout fixed.
- Sub aground fixed.
- Crashes (We assume that we fixed the crash problem but still we need your feedback to be assured).
- Config issues fixed.
- USS Virgina name fixed.
- Vehicle GPS fixed.
- Harpoon against submerged subs will not work. SDV units will not be attacked by harpoon.
1. Torpedoes speed has been increased
2. Oxygen reduction is now keeps submarines for ~30 minutes (209 and 214 type classes) and ~60 minutes (Virginia and Yasen classes) without problem underwater. Also dependency from number of characters on board has been removed as also depth dependency.
3. Submarine Commander now has control over every other station without the need to move between stations if there is only one player inside submarine as crew.
4. DDS and SVD release issue has been fixed.
5. Sounds (especially periscope one) loudness have been tweaked.
- HAFM NAVY Core & Weapons part
- Community Base addons A3