F-23A Grey Ghost is fictional version of the YF-23, based on "What IF" scenario. it's focus on improve the weapon capabilites, modify the cockpit and external design.
The Northrop/McDonnell Douglas YF-23 was an American single-seat, twin-engine stealth fighter aircraft technology demonstrator designed for the United States Air Force (USAF). The design was a finalist in the USAF's Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) competition, battling the Lockheed YF-22 for a production contract. Two YF-23 prototypes were built, nicknamed "Black Widow II" and "Gray Ghost".
In the 1980s, the USAF began looking for a replacement for its fighter aircraft, especially to counter the USSR's advanced Sukhoi Su-27 and Mikoyan MiG-29. Several companies submitted design proposals; the USAF selected proposals from Northrop and Lockheed. Northrop teamed with McDonnell Douglas to develop the YF-23, while Lockheed, Boeing and General Dynamics developed the YF-22.
The YF-23 was stealthier and faster, but less agile than its competitor. After a four-year development and evaluation process, the YF-22 was announced the winner in 1991 and entered production as the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. The U.S. Navy considered using the production version of the ATF as the basis for a replacement to the F-14, but these plans were later canceled. The two YF-23 prototypes were museum exhibits as of 2010.
- F-23 Grey Ghost(former YF-23 Black widow II) for USAF
- various weapon/equipment
- Low RCS for Stealth
- Change the loadout, skin with Loadout dialog
- Targeting system for precision strike.
1. this F-23A is basiaclly "fictional" aircraft. so something ,or many things are different than original YF-23.
2. canopy is frameless bubble canopy like F-22.
3. weapons bay is follow YF-23 bay but more expand and larger.
4. this F-23A have small M61 Vulcan ammo drum because lack of space(because large weapon bay) so only can carry 280 rounds.
5. F-23A is can fly more faster and higher,but less agile and slow acceleration than F-22.
6. hope you enjoy this aircraft!
Key Feature/ Simple Guide
**AMS(previous Loadout Menu)**
input the "Missile Carrier For Rearming" in map. it is can found Empty->FIR objects category.
if f-23 is near missile carrier and zero speed, Open Dialog action is will be activated.
press the action and configure your aircraft whatever you want.
Loadout menu is provide of select the loadout, change the skin, refuel and rearm. also loadout preset is supported.
please check the AWS Field Manual PDF File
f-23 is Support ADES, can change skin and customize decal,roundel etc.
if you want to know more detail information about ADES, please check the ADES Custom Manual in AWS Manual Folder.
ECM System is Jamming for Enemy Radar-Based Missile. f-23 have internal, passive electronic countermeasure system so if aircraft keep alive, system is keep working until engine off or crash.
(jamming fail is 10% for gaming balance.)
You must Define of Useraction key. below key list is shortcut for function.
UserAction 1 - Afterburner ON/OFF
UserAction 3 - Open Dialog
UserAction 4 - Open I-TGT System
UserAction 5 - Jettision Fueltank
UserAction 6 - TGP Screen ON/OFF
UserAction 7 - TGP Screen Zoom Toggle
UserAction 8 - TGP ScreenMode Toggle
UserAction 9 - MAP Screen ON/OFF
**Replace the Pilot**
want to replace the pilot from FIR Pilot Crew Pack, just select the type in Combo box attribute in f-23
**Disable AB Sound**
check the "disable AB sound" attribute for disable the afterburner sound.
To install F-23A Grey Ghost you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Classname /name/ Faction
FIR_F23A / F-23A Grey Ghost/ NATO
- cockpit is WIP
- aircraft performance may need to adjust.
not a bug
- you can't equip AA and AG weapon in same internal bay. basicailly, bay has two section called front and rear.
so if AA installed(Amraam x 3 or sidewinder x 3) on front section, you can't equip AG weapons on same position.
Credits & Thanks:
Myke - i'm use his "Air vehicles instruments & gauges - Open source"
John Spartan & saul - allow for use afterburner , Ejection Script.
(Specially, John Spartan was help for my SEAD System. Thank you!)
geraldbolso1899 - allow for use kimi F-16 HUD/HMD.
fullerpj - allow for Compatible with KC-135 Stratotanker from USAF Mod.
Mr.R - he is my real friend, he contribute the f-23 model to me.
77th CFW members - Addon Tester for my addon
BIS - ArmA 3 and arma 2 sample model, texture and arma 3 function.
Supporters from Patreon
Diver | TFRF
- hitpoints added
- ECM capability data added
- some values fixed for Lesh tow mod support.
- new pilot for basic crew
- replace pilot combo box has been changed to checkbox
- maintenance : new wing vortice and engine exhaust effect applied from AWS(wing vortice effect is working with Dev build for now)
- maintenance : new ADES Interface integrated
- maintenance : IDD for AMS gui has been changed
F-23A : 5171
- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA Training presets
- Initial Release
- FIR AWS (AirWeaponSystem)