Date: 2018-06-26 08:13
In 1957, the Republic of Altis and Stratis has been in need for a dedicated training ground for their recently deployed forces, the AAF. Since the island of Hebontes was nearby and basically only populated by a hand full of fishermen, the decision finally has been made to resettle the population of Hebontes to Altis and Stratis. After 60% of Hebontes population has been resettled, the transformation began. Shooting ranges were built, a training camp was established and the "Hebontes Command and Control" began their service in 1970.
In 1981, the first NATO Forces, especially USA, Germany and France deployed bataillions for training aside the AAF.
During the Civil War, Hebontes was used as headquater as well as hub for resupply and reorganisation.
First crunch made: 02xxxxAmar2018
Size of Hebontes: Approx 240km²
Sattelite Map Res: 1,5px/m
Heightmap Res: 2,25px/m
Terrain overall: 18432m x 18432m
Objects placed: Approx 1.5 million
Villages (still populated): 4
Villages (abandoned): 5
FILE SIZE: 715mb
To install Hebontes Militairy Training Ground you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Airport for fixed wings
- Two more training Camps
- Better underwater heightmap
- Further config improvements
- The Alonaki Gravel Pit is not yet what I wanted it to be, so i will build some kind of abandoned industrial complex here
- Some more assets
- POPUPTARGETS :::: German Range POPUPTargets are in the works, they arent ready yer, i'm very sorry guys. Time is just running too fast
- Further improve the tank test and driving range, there are too few obstacles right now
PLEASE BE AWARE that I'll be not available until Autust 2018. I'll hike the Kungsleden with Chrissy, so I cant take care of answering questions etc. I'm sorry :(
Credits & Thanks:
- Christin B. for all the help she did, planning, configs and object placement
- Daniel F, aka. vPzBtl33_Franz for helping me with hebontes_assets and every weekend I've stolen from you :)
- George Floros for translationg everything into greek language
- Silola for his absolutely great tool XCam
- Memphis Belle for teching me how to build terrains in general
- The whole virtual Lehrbrigade 16 for testing and bug hunting
License / Disclaimer:
This work is licensed under a Arma Public License No Derivatives
- Added ILS Config (Thank you Memphis)
Added Hebontes PopUp targets (Tank-Front, Tank-Side, Tank-Turret, IFV/APC-Front, IFV/APC-Side, IFV/APC-Side Turret, assaulting rifleman)
Added Hebontes PopUp target control unit (see presentation Video) (Config by vPzBtl33_Franz)
Solved various object placement issues
Added Aiolos Airfield
Added air to ground range
- BI forums