What is CF_Woodland
An Arma 3 mod that enables branch cracking sounds for units as they move through forests that informs the AI about the players whereabouts.
AI can hear players moving
Players can also hear the AI
Sound travels further the faster the unit is moving
All aspects configurable including the range and chances of the branches cracking as well as performance aspects such as terrain range and count checks.
To install CF Woodland you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Fixed a bug which caused a divide by zero script error.
- Fixed bug with initialisers that clashed with CF_BAI (and potentially other mods).
- Improved performance when there are many units on the same machine.
- Reduced the range test as the effect was happening too far away from foliage.
- Reduced the period of tests to 5 seconds.
- Fixed bug where passengers in vehicles would produce branch cracks based on the speed they entered the vehicle.
- Made sprinting produce only the heavier branch cracks.
Added CBA Settings
Reduced the range of sound
Made sound volume dependent on range
Resampled and prepared the branch sounds and rebalanced to +5Dba.
Changed the reveal and knowsAbout to be configured values and no longer dependent on range
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums