This addon currently consists of TWO Islands in the pack:
1) Southeast Angola 1974 v1.30
2) Chongo (Southwest Angola) 1.30
Maps were made In honor of:
- Recce 1 Commando Lt. Freddie Zeelie that died in combat operation in 1974
- Paul Pelosi aka Bushlurker, dedicated Armaverse Community Member that passed away recently.
1) Southeast Angola 1974:
Island is set to year 1974 when South Africa's 1 Recce Commando Unit operated from FOBs in the North Namibia. The South African "Recces" were deployed to many local hot spots during the late 1970s and early 1980s, particularly Angola. Namibia-Angola border had no fence at that time, only visible cutout grass (line) about 1/4 down from the North tip of the map.
There are two FOBs with airstrips in central S and NW sectors. Back in 1974 most of the land has been without any roads and permanent settlements, so we try to simulate that harsh environment in this map. But I've added some roads for AI to somehow cope with the harsh terrain. Map is dedicated to heroes of the war and used by South African SF soldiers that also enjoy Arma 3. And hopefully rest of you, too ;)
2) Southwest Chongo:
Island is based on real terrain data as previous one but improved for sake of gameplay. There are couple of issues still remaining currently (street lighting missing, couple of placement bugs).
To install Angola Maps you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Chongo: added settlements and two large towns
- Chongo: road network
- Chongo: two airports (tnx Bludclot for runway texture)
- Chongo: massive graphics improvements (new sat, terrain normals, clutter etc.)
- Chongo: over 1,080,000 objects placed
Added Chongo map, 12x12km map.
- improved satellite image (more realistic look)
- fixed huts that even have openable doors now (tnx to buddy Sahbazz!)
- almost 1.9 million objects placed
- added 4th waterhole
- removed some traffic-blocking vegetation
- dirt paths / aka roads are visible now (for easier navigation)
- removed rather large boulder from the runway
- added more paths for AI to travel
- removed annoying white pixels on road intersections
- description text changed
- CUP Terrains Core
- BI forums