This is a simple addon that allows you to exit any SP mission without saving it.
One of the annoying things about SP missions is that there is no plain "Exit" button and you have to "Save & Exit" (unless the mission maker has disabled saving).
You might be saying "OK, so what's the harm?" Well, I was checking my Windows drive for "rogue" programs, when I noticed that my ARMA 3 directory in Documents was taking up 12 GBs of storage space!!! To put it more accurately, it was the Saved folder that was taking up all that space. That's just crazy!
For a while I went by either typing "player setDamage 1" in debug console or just using "endMission "loser"" to avoid this problem. But eventually I decided to make an addon for it and be done with it!
And now I'm sharing this with you. It's not anything special but I personally find it extremely useful.
- Adds a new button called "End Mission" to your Pause Menu.
- No more unnecessary saving. Abort the mission instantly!
- Mission ends as a failure.
- Button doesn't appear in MP
To install QuickEndMission you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
(not part of the mod):
I think the save bug was resolved in a few updates back but if it's not, then to fully get rid of all your previous saves (if you're concerned about needless files taking up space):
- If you're in the middle of a mission, just restart the mission, then use the End Mission button.
- If mission is completed, you'll have to delete the mission save file manually from "Documents\ARMA 3\Saved\missions" for scenarios, and "Documents\ARMA 3\Saved\a3" for vanilla campaign missions.
Alternatively, just replay the mission and then use the End Mission button. But don't do this for campaign missions because it will revert the campaign back to that mission!
Make sure you know what you're deleting or else you won't be getting your saves back!
- BI forums