MIL_CAS is a simple script to allow a mission designer to use the vanilla CAS Module in-game via scripting. All this does is perform the required actions to properly call BIS_fnc_moduleCAS. Best suited for ambience, the strikes shouldn't be relied on for 100% accuracy.
- Position and approach heading can be defined.
- Plane and type of CAS to be provided can be defined.
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the MIL_CAS please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
- Copy the file MIL_CAS.sqf to your mission folder.
- Run the script using:
- nul = [_position,_direction,_vehicle,_type] execVM "MIL_CAS.sqf";
- _position - array
- position for CAS to strike
- _direction - number
- direction for the CAS to approach on
- _vehicle - string (optional)
- default: "B_Plane_CAS_01_F"
- classname of the plane to fly CAS
- _type - number (optional)
- default: 2
- type of CAS to be used
- 0 - Guns
- 1 - Missiles
- 2 - Guns & Missiles
- 3 - Bomb
- nul = [getPos player,240] execVM "MIL_CAS.sqf";
- Wipeout will fly in for a "Guns & Missiles" run.
- nul = [getPos player,240,"RHS_A10",3] execVM "MIL_CAS.sqf";
- A-10 will fly in and drop a single bomb.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
This uses the vanilla function BIS_fnc_moduleCAS for the actual CAS. All I did was make an easy way to launch it from a script.
License / Disclaimer:
Use and abuse as required. Please just give credit to those deserving.
- BI forums
- Armaholic forums