Date: 2018-10-29 20:26
How to use our flamethrowers?
(This applies only to our flamethrowers, and only)
- You need not just to take a flamethrower in hand, so it will emit gas, but you also need to hang the cylinder on his back. Only in this case the flamethrower will function completely.
This was done to ensure that the player always feels danger when playing for the flamethrower.
In the latest update, we tried to optimize the performance of flamethrowers. Due to the removal and correction of some effects ,the frame rate should increase. However, if you set fire to 10-15 units at once, the fps will still fall. I recommend you, using OUR flamethrowers, to produce small jets of fire. Since I was able to increase the damage received from the fire with the help of vanilla parameters, now several units can be easily killed with a single jet of flame! I will continue to work on the optimization, but I don't think I can completely avoid dropping the frame rate.
What do you get?
- Fully working all modes of the combustion system. Using the Encore damage model and fire (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isBurning) we were able to get our system to work not only with vanilla ARMA, but also with other modifications (whether incendiary grenades from RHS or flamethrower from Iron Front)
- Speaking of flamethrowers, our talented Modeler - PhoenixTREAL, completely, from scratch, made models of two flamethrowers during the second world war-the American M2 and the German Flammenwerfer 41.
- Animations of burning people. All animations (except those that already were in the Armagh) was made WebKnight'om from scratch using blender and Arlovski rig (by Macser). For some animations, examples were taken from the site Mixamo. We tried to make the animations look beautiful, and we think we did it.
- Sound component. Since we didn't have the opportunity to record our own sounds, obviously we use the sounds found on YouTube and from the game Day of Infamy. We in any case do not claim the rights of these recordings! All rights belong to their original authors.
- Interaction with the cylinders. If ingestion of a large caliber tank on the back could trigger its explosion, so the flamethrower, be careful and watch your back! Just when running do not forget that your balloon makes distinctive sounds, so move wisely, because the enemy can hear you.
- Molotov cocktail. This version is an alpha, we continue to work on the effects, however, Molotov is already functioning normally.
To install Burn 'em you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Optimization. Yes, we have tried to optimize the system, but we have much to strive for. We will continue to work on the optimization so that you can fully enjoy the game with our mod.
- British flamethrower, Portable, No 2. Just think about adding flamethrowers and other countries, but later.
- And a couple of interesting ideas that we'll announce later.
A small addition about compatibility with other mods.
As we said, first of all our mod is a system. And this system should work with all mods.
Of course, we can't check it ourselves, but here's what the system works with for sure:
RHS-Incendiary grenades perfectly trigger death from fire.
The flamethrower from KA Weapons Pack and Star Wars Opposition also work.
Unsung - the burning of the houses now a pretty good thing. Napalm works, too, but phosphorus doesn't.
We will continue to look at which of the mods are compatible with ours, but, repeating, they should all be.
And the last-the flamethrower from Iron Front does not work with our system. In this case it is better to use our they just fit this time period.(changed)
So far, that's all, if you have any interesting suggestions-it is best to ask them in our discord - https://discord.gg/4JJvnCx
License / Disclaimer:
We in any case do not use this mod for commercial purposes and do not try to make money on it. If you want to include our mod somewhere, please specify the authors. Thanks.
With respect WebKnight, PhoenixTREAL.
-Added Molotov cocktail.
-Fixed particle optimisation.
- Community Base addons A3