Date: 2018-10-31 08:55
Automatic ViewDistance AddOn keeps your fps up by adjusting the viewdistance according to the fps target you set.
This is an early version, detailed feedback (system specs, settings, mods used, mission played, etc.) are needed for me to tweak/improve this AddOn.
Debug Monitor can now be enabled via Video Options (automatically resets to OFF on mission start).
To install Automatic ViewDistance you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Speed Factor now lowers minimum viewDistance when you drive (on land obviously) over 60km/h (roughly 37mph) to provide a smooth ride while going fast.
- Experimental: Speed Factor also affects viewDistance if in a transport helicopter (or littlebird) and flying low (roughly below 150m), this will help pilots be able to spot and avoid obstacles.
IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR SERVER ADMINS:
- This version was signed with a new private key, please replace the existing public key on your server with the new one (included in the download)!
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused on your end and I can guarantee that all upcoming versions from now on, will be signed with the new key.
- Version number from Mod name in the workshop, to prevent duplicates/leftovers from previous versions from cluttering the subscribers Mod folder.
- Debug Option is no longer accessible when no mission is loaded (still works in editor preview).
- The algorithm has been improved and is now more likely to hit the target fps.
- Ships/Boats now use the same multiplicator as Land Vehicles (x1.5) for min and max viewDistance.
- Maximum ViewDistance slider (range 2000-9000m).
- Vehicle speed is now factored in (experimental).
- ViewDistance factor 1.5 for Land Vehicles and factor 2 for Air Vehicles are automatically applied to the user settings for Min/Max ViewDistance.
- ViewDistance extends to where you aim at if using any kind of high magnification scope (Sniper Scope, Binoculars, Scoped Vehicle Weapons etc.).
- Options Menu (see screenshots).
- Changed range of Minimum ViewDistance Slider to 200-1600m.
- Behaviour of ObjectViewDistance factor for viedistances below 2km viewDistance.
- Behaviour of ObjectViewDistance factor above 2km viewDistance when zoomed in.
- Behaviour of ViewDistance when aiming at targets outside the current view while using a high powered scope.
- Behaviour of ViewDistance when aiming at targets (i.e. using the target pod) outside the current view while flying.
- Many script changes, code cleanup and moved some of the code into separate functions.
- Completely re-arranged the Options menu (see screenshots).
- Script changes to allow new features (see minimum viewDistance)
- Overall improvements on the script(s) and debug monitor.
- Minimum ViewDistance slider.
- Debug Monitor now displays user set fps target.
- Option "DISABLED" is now available via preset drop-down menu.
- "BETA" tag from the mods name.
- Debug Monitor is now OFF by default.
- New option to enable Debug Monitor manually.
- View Distance "bobbing" back and forth (causing lags in some cases).