MIL_Mirror allows a mission maker to add a mirror-type effect to an object capable of using setObjectTexture.
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the MIL Mirror please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
- Copy the file MIL_Mirror.sqf into your mission directory.
- Place your intended mirror object (e.g. a whiteboard - "Land_MapBoard_01_Wall_F") and name it.
- Add this line to the object's Init field in the mission editor:
_mirror setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,256,256,1)r2t(_surface,1)"];-/code] - _mirror - object - the name you give to the object in the editor - _surface - name given to the surface - Example: [code]mirror1 setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,256,256,1)r2t(mirror1surface,1)"];
- Run the script from either init.sqf or initPlayerLocal.sqf (it's local only) using:
nul = [_mirror,_surface] execVM "MIL_Mirror.sqf";
- _mirror - object
- the name you gave to the object in the editor
- _surface - string
- the string equivalent of what was used for _surface in the object's Init field in the editor
nul = [mirror1,"mirror1surface"] execVM "MIL_Mirror.sqf";
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- The reflection doesn't behave quite like a mirrored reflection, but it's the best I could achieve.
- Resolution is low.
- Torch beams (and probably most other light sources) aren't reflected, which is pretty obvious in the video.
If anyone finds any problems please let me know.
Glass House Update:
Added - Breaking glass.
- 1-3 shots at random.
- Breaks from explosions.
- Glass shatter effect.
- Glass breaking noises.
Added - 50m distance check to mirrors being "active".
Changed - How mission creators implement the function.
- Objects no longer need to have setObjectTexture run on them from the editor!!!
- Instructions have changed due to this, but are now MUCH simpler.
Changed - Increased mirror resolution.
Fixed - Working MP implementation.
- BI forums
- Armaholic forums