Date: 2020-07-27 15:16
Iron Front 44 RealPanzer
Real tank motor idle and movement sounds.
Improved and additional tank textures.
Improved vehicle movement.
German tank turret movement causes the motor to turn on.
Tank turrets have their correct powered rotation speed.
More historically accurate tank speed and turning.
More historically accurate suspension settings.
Tank motors operate at optimal revolutions and torque, where possible.
Tanks have historically correct transmission ratios and gear ratios and engine and torque curves.
Tanks have the historically correct number of forward gears.
Realistic fuel level and consumption rates.
Gunsights have their correct magnification level and some are full screen instead of a peephole.
StugIIIG has scissors periscope for gunner with 10x magnification.
Firefly has 2x magnification levels.
Sherman tanks have smoke dischargers.
German tanks have S-Mine dischargers in the commander position and smoker dischargers in the loader position.
Added inventory to all tanks, weapons, flares, tool kits, first kits, ammo like one would find in a tank.
Turret turn and gun elevation sounds, electric, hydraulic, manual custom made for all tanks.
The M3 Stuart is available to the Russians as a lend lease vehicle.
Smoke and S-mine launchers have correct ammo loadout and rate of fire.
All tanks have more AP rounds than the standard loadout because they are expecting a tank battle.
To install IFA3 RealPanzer you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For more realism and a sense that your tank has been hit turn on cam shake effects in options. It is a standard A3 feature.
If you have a better sound that you would like to see used in the mod, please contact me, and I can assess it and see if I can replace the existing one with your new one. The sound must be of good quality with no background noises such as music, a moderator or crowds. If I take the sound up, I can credit you as a mod contributor if you want. Same goes for textures and other things that you might be able to offer and would like to see in the game.
When using the excellent ACE mod, tank wrecks emit a shell buzzing sound, this can be fixed by removing the pbo called rp_weapons in the mod Addons folder.
I recommend using my adaption of the Smarter Tanks mod as well and the excellent Liberation Real Panzer mod.
Smarter Tanks mod for Iron Front 44 and Liberation
Liberation Real Panzer Mod
The Arma3 Nvidia PhysX sytem has some inbuilt limitations that hinder the making of a perfect tank simulation:
One cannot manually shift gears.
Only one turret speed so unpowered and powered turret turn cannot be simulated.
There is no off-road coefficient for tanks as there are for cars in ARMA3. This means that when a tank goes off-road the speed does not go slower to allow for the vehicle sinking into the softer ground. I have therefore adjusted the tank physx (vehicle handling) so that the tank is able to at least do its top reported off-road speed when off-road, downhill on smooth ground more is possible. This means that on a hard sealed surface such as a highway or runway the tank is unlikely to reach its top reported historical on-road speed. Given that tanks battle mostly off-road I found this is an acceptable compromise until a proper off-road coefficient feature is created by the manufacturer.
This mod was made and tested in single player mode and works well in that mode. In MP mode tanks sit too high on their suspension.
Here is my tip jar:
Place Bitcoins here 35fzccTottsbetg8ogZakAaJaG5CSnqiZf
Credits & Thanks:
The Iron Front 44 Development Team
For help with the turret turn speeds and general testing and ideas.
The growing list of users and subscribers that use the mod and especially those that report errors for me to fix and so help in mod development.
For his help on the multiplayer tank sound effects, server performance, play testing and design of this website on Steam.
For answering some of my questions about real tank characteristics.
Ruediger at Zahnfabrik Friedrichshafen AG
For providing info on the Panther gearbox.
Munster Panzer Museum
For allowing me special access and help to measure tank wheels and answering questions such as how big and heavy the flywheel is on a given tank, the sort of information you can never find in a book or online.
[tf86]Shadow93, DonBlazer, Artyomka, NoobMunchies, Dr.Rebus, Rowdie, Gunter Serverloh
For play testing feedback and suggestions.
IFA3 RealPanzer changelog
*Added an extra PIV loaders interior move thru view.
*Tiger tank loader peri can not rotate (as per real life) but can still elevate and depress but not so much that it clips into the turret roof like it did before the fix.
*Made the current main Panther skin 4k and added a new GD logo and rain streaks.
*Added a better T34-76 interior tc/gunner position photo. MG position as well and includes T34/85.
*Removed loaders periscope view from T34/76 because in real life he did not have one.
*Added more periscope moves for the T34/85 and 76 gunner position.
*Fixed that T34/85 commander could not look around when buttoned up. The related 3D outside view is also fixed.
*Fixed that JS2 commander could not look around his cupola when buttoned up. The related 3D outside view is also fixed.
*Added 2 new King Tiger skins, the third company (yellow knight) emblem of the sPzAbt 505 and a general 3 colour scheme based off the same.
*Added 2 new Tiger 1 skins, the third company (yellow knight) emblem of the sPzAbt 505 and a general 3 colour scheme based off the same.
*Added some interior views for the is2.
*Corrected Sherman tc optic.
*Added a 4096x4096 pixel T34 skin. Protective Green. 2 x larger than standard. Works!
*Improved Tiger 1 interior pictures in most positions.
*Improved Panther interior pictures.
*Panther loaders view peri now fixed in turn and elevation as in real life.
*Improved PIV interior pictures.
*PIV loader has a real periscope view rather than the generic game periscope view.
*Almost all tanks have a new a optic level where one sees a glimpse of the inside of the real tank to add a bit of immersion into the game and to stop the transition into each position being unrealistically instant.
*Sherman tank gunsight optic uses more of the screen.
*Stug gunsight optic uses more of the screen.
*Added some extra shell armour hit sounds.
*Added thermobaric wave and spall damage from tank shells.
*Tank armour hit sounds now audible from inside and outside the tank.
*Refined tank shell submunitions code as per RHS example.
*Adjusted the destroyed tank explosion effect.
*Removed some unused files.
* Fixed 2x shot problem but still comes up from frames drop. Case of scripts failing as the pc hits overload.
* Fixed Tank Commanders Smoke was not working.
* 3 Opel Blitz ammo trucks with tank training posters on them.
* Removed to RTC real tank crew script as it is redundant when one uses one of the many AI addons now available that have this in or something similar. The less scripts running the better. This means no more repairs by crew members. The script is available as a seperate addon and mod.
* Turned off the tank firing script.
* Added octopus camo tiger 1 skin.
* Added a sPzAbt 502 unit emblem to back of grey tiger skin.
* Added sPzAbt 505 Tiger with green stabs camo.
* Added the new KT skins to RP with unit markings and made them the start skins because they are so good.
* Changed rp_weapons back over the lib_shellbase root class.
* Added late war t34 skin.
* Made the SU100 cost more to the AI so that they make it a priority target.
* T34/76 reworked green brown skin with tactical markings.
* New Panther skins.
* New King Tiger skins from 505 sPzAbt.
* Standard late war Tiger skin has a 506 sPzAbt emblem on the turret stowage bin.
* Tank destuction effect is more varied and interesting as are burn times.
* Replaced missing vehicles and halftrack pbos. Theses files now have no physics content and default to IFA3 arcade physics. Sorry but it just take too long to keep them up to date and I personally never use them so what is the point. There are hi res skins and authentic sounds tho.
1. Removed support for cars and trucks and halftracks to maintain focus on tanks. For players this means a return to low res graphics and sports car physics.
* Slowed down the Sherman tank reverse speed.
* Added a captured Russian T5 Pantera Panther tank to the Russian Redfor team.
* Added new pbo to comment out select weapon function that caused 2 x shot problem in tanks.
* Sorted out TC position in new captured tanks.
* Removed turret numbers from captured SU85r that were drawing over the side cross.
* Added improved StugIIIG waffle zimmerit skin from Dr. Rebus.
* Adjusted decals on DAK Tiger skin.
* Corrected error where DAK M3 skin was not showing.
* Added Pz Regt 7 emblem to DAK PIV.
* Removed black marks on roof of DAK PIV where sideskirts would attach.
* Added Berlin T34/85 skin.
* Added Late war dark green T34/85 skin.
* Added second T34/85 winter skin.
* Added JS2 Berlin skin.
* Added JS2 dark green late war skin.
* Added JS2 second winter skin.
* Sorted out the texture choices in tanks so that no lo res crap comes thru.
* Added T34 747(r) captured T34 that is selectable as a unit in the editor menu under blufor team.
* Added SU-85(r) captured Russian tank detroyer with matching skin and selectable as a unit in the editor under the blufor team.
* Made shellbase shells cost 500, up from 1 to see if the 2x shot AI problem goes away.
* Made HE shells cost 1000 to see if that would solve 2x AI shot problem.
* German tank launched S mines less powerful.
* Panther commander fires smoke ammo through the smoke launcher and not S mine grenades.
* Fixed that some Russian tanks had smoke launcher slots even tho they did not work. The Russians did not have smoke launchers.
* Fixed Panther, T34/76 and T34/85 had super bright whitish bluish turret numbers.
* Turned down engine and fuel tank armour on most tanks to see if engine and fuel tank can be damaged as they became invulnerable after an A3 level engine change.
* Added SU100 tank destroyer for Red Army with darker green late war skin.
* Kubelwagen runs better, drifts less when turning.
* Minor adjustment to Stug grey skin to cover bits of yellow coming through.
* Winter M3 scout car skin.
* DAK M3 scout car skin
* US desert M3 scout car skin.
* The hit point modifier on the tiger and king tiger has been adjusted down. Now hits do more damage if they penetrate.
* Tanks will use shells against infantry. As a fix for tanks with no coax not firing at infantry at all.
* Unit emblem and national markings for T34/85.
* Reduced the "cost" of a tank shell so that the AI is more inclined to use them even on what it considers low value targets. No soldier I ever met, and I was one once, ever had a discussion about whether the round he was about to fire cost more than the target. An enemy is an enemy and wants to kill you no matter what.
* Fixed JS2 TC buttoned could not look around. Now has a peri that rotates. Not yet able to do the same for T35/85 that remains broken.
* All items now signed.
* Reduced muzzleImpulseFactor all guns to reduce overdone recoil effect.
* HE shells have more hit value damage energy.
* New yellow panther skin from Dr Rebus.
* New StugIIIG grey skin.
* New Panzer IV grey skin with and without shields and zimmerit
* New Panther grey skin.
* Put the rp_weapons pbo back in that now uses shellbase as its shell root class to solve problem of some guns not having ammo. So hit sounds and shell fly sounds are back.
* Removed the rp weapons pbo as the shells were not powerful enough to damage heavy armour. Will recalibrate and re-issue.
* Changed the mod name to IFA3 Real Panzer as no one but old hands know that IF stands for Iron Front 44 from the old A2 days and beyond. Makes the mod more recognisable.
* Changed the hit point armor value on the Tiger, King Tiger and JS2 as they were too strong and had become indestructable. Will do more on this and suspect a main game A3 code change made this happen. This is a hotfix for player reported problems upon release of the main branch update. Thanks to those that wrote in to give notice.
* RP_weapons pbo is back and so are the hit armour sounds now based off shellbase instead of libshellbase. Ammo values scaled in line with the 120mm A3 round having a maximum hit of 500 and that no ww2 round would equal this. 120mm HE shell is 250.
* Vehicle health/armour values have been scaled back in line with the ammo changes so they move in parallel. They are now less than they were and scaled in line with the Vanilla A3 tanks.
* Added a Sherman 105mm to the line up of Shermans on offer for the USA.
* turned down the indirect fire damage on all shells so that tanks suffer less to no splash damage from non penetrating hits.
* StugIIIG and the Russian tanks have more AP shells than the standard loadout
* New Panther no Zimmerit skin.
* Added stage TI to all body and turret rvmat files so they do not gleam in the distance.
* Updated rvmat settings to same as modern a3 tanks, are now less glossy.
* Corrected PIV gunsight to 2.4x magnification thanks to info from Rowdied.
* DAK Panzer IV now has no zimmerit surface texture and a matching skin.
* NAC sherman now has a sand desert skin.
* NAC Stuart M3 added with desert skin.
* Added DAK Stug with matching skin.
* Added DAK Tiger with matching skin and no zimmerit.
* Added muddier version of the ambush panther skin contributed by Dr. Rebus. 2 versions, with zimmerit and without zimmerit. A big thank you to Dr. Rebus.
* Changed the default tank explosion to a more realistic slower burn.
* This is a link to an addon that gives the tanks SFX. The tanks have code in them that sees the other mod and makes use of it but stays silent if it is not there and uses the default explosions and effects as per normal.
* Tanks have better rvmat surfaces detail but this came at the cost of destroyed textures. But am working on that.
* Tankscript.pbo is out as it causes two unwanted changes: It makes the turret numbers vanish and also takes off the tank speed limit. Strange but true. Who knows what else it was doing.
* RP_ weapons.pbo does not work anymore and has been removed so this means no hit metal sounds when shells hit armour plate.
* All the tanks listed in the editor menu have high res textures.
I removed rp_weapons.pbo because I thought that it was not working, and indeed in the dev branch it does not, but it works fine in the main branch so I am putting it back but reverting to this older version of the mod.
* Hotfix to fix some shells not loading in tanks.
* Hotfix to remove pbo rp_weapons.pbo because some shells were not loading.
* New Panther internal driving and engine off/on sounds. Real ones. With help from Kreidelheim.
* New King Tiger internal engine on/off and driving sounds. With help from Kreidelheim.
* Tiger has the internal sounds now from the King Tiger mixed with Tiger 1 until real Tiger 1 internal sounds can be sourced.
* Sherman tank has new real internal driving sound.
* Removed font error message source from tankscript about zeppelin33 font.
* New vehicle health system based on weight.
* Tiger sits lower on its suspension and looks more realistic.
* Lowered flame on the tank cookoff SFX.
* Made Panther hithull hitpoint armour slightly stronger.
* New destruction effect for tanks when destroyed.
* Editor, now at least 2 choices of tank with different skin.
* Added load order ZZZ sequence in all files so that mod overwrites core files better, vehicles now have proper more detailed names.
* Better M8 Greyhound winter skin.
* Fixed T34/85 was able to have 2 commanders at the same time.
* Fixed T34/85 engine idle was not playing correctly.
* SU85 big gunsight restored.
* Physics tweaks based on feedback and play testing.
* Panther turret servo sound quieter.
* Cars are back with sounds, textures and physic reboot.
* Adjusted rollbar settings.
* Added tank script like in Lib mod.
* Fixed Tiger tank sits too high on its suspension.
* Improved tankscript.
* Brake idle speed adjustment.
* More efficient torque curves and gear change settings.
* Increased gear change latency times.
* SU85 big gunsight restored.
* Physics tweaks based on feedback and play testing.
* Panther turret servo sound quieter.
*Tiger and King Tiger tank hulls are stronger and resistant to a Russian 85mm to 500m as per real life testing results by Western Allies and Germans.
*Tiger tank gun elevation and depression corrected to 20 and -10 degrees respectively.
*Panzer IV main gun elevation corrected to -8 to 20 depression and elevation.
*Sherman tank main gun elevation corrected to -10 to 25.
*StuG IIIG main gun elevation corrected to -6 and 20 depression and elevation respectively. Gun traverse corrected to 10 degrees in both directions.
*T34-76 gun elevation corrected to -5 to 32 degrees.
*T34-85 gun elevation corrected to -5 to 20 degrees.
*All tanks have a physics improvement whereby all can achieve a full range of speed.
*All tanks have stronger engines and fuel tanks so that they are not constantly being put out of action by first hits.
*Tiger turret turn and elevation sound quieter.
* Stug has a coax mg.
* Tank, car and halftrack physics improvements.
* Sound improvement definitions to M3HT and Willys Jeep and some tanks.
* Removed the new damage tankscript for now as it was causing error messages in the editor mode for missing data file references. Will correct and get right for next version.
1. Fixed error message on map startup related to the Firefly.
* Corrected Sherman Firefly ammo loadout.
* Sherman tank has correct turret turn speed of 15s for a full rotation.
* Peephole gunsights for main guns are mostly gone. That is only for Hollywood and arcade games.
* Tank gun sight magnification is now correct.
* Tank turret turn speeds are now more accurate for the big cats thanks to Rowdied's research and testing and motivation.
* Sherman Firefly has its 2x gunsight magnification back.
* Stuart snow skin is now whiter.
* Firefly black/green and white texture improved.
* Support for IFA3 Liberation mod event handlers built into the code.
1. Fixed JS2 under AI control could fire off 2 shots in rapid succession.
2. Beefed up clutchstrength on some vehicles to improve uphill performance.
3. Big thanks to Rowdied for helping me with testing and making some very good suggestions on how to fix things-
* hotfix to remove rvmat files that were causing an error message to appear on load screen.
* All tanks have optimised gear change values and clutches.
* All cars trucks and halftracks have better gear change and minor performance tweaks.
* T34 series tanks and JS2 brown and green skins are now darker brown.
* Wading Sherman has better skin.
* Wespe has darker skin.
* Sherman 75 and wading Sherman now show in editor menu list.
* Added a Sdkfz 251/16 Flame thrower halftrack. The 2 MG42s fire flame instead of bullets. A good workaround until someone makes some flame thrower 3d models to use.
* PIV gunner go now fire when the commander is unbuttoned.
* German S-mine Anti personnel tank launched mine has shorter range and more immediate airburst effect for close in protection from close assaulting infantry.
* German tanks no longer turn on their engines when the turret moves. By popular request even though not really correct and is a stop gap until powered and unpowered turret turn code is written.
*Change US tank loader voice from Ho! to UP!. Thanks to Detcord21B for advice on that one.
*I44 Sherman physics tweak, now have correct off road speed and names.
*General macro commands used to make changes stick.
*Cleaned up close in support weapon code and comments.
1. Added Russian version of the tank shell reload sound. Thanks to players CaoSaoVang and Ein Iridescent for helping me out with it.
2. Fixed the length of the reload sound time in the Churchill howitzer. It was too short and is now 10 seconds long.
* Tanks have new reload sounds some with voices saying ready, geladen, ho or nothing. I did this once before and now it is back. If someone knows what a Russian loader shouts when finished loading please let me know in the comments section and I will add it in. A link to a recording or real sound file would be the icing on the cake.
* New StuGIIIg ambush camo skin.
* New Panther camo skin
* New Panzer IV camo skin
* Sherman 75 physics tweak for slower start up.
* New tank magazine reload sounds added.
* Sherman and T34/85 tank commander outside view no longer do the binocular hand boogie. Changed out the gunnerout animation model to a better one.
* Panther hit points adjusted down as it is historically weak in the sides and rear in real life but way too strong in the game. Front armour adjusted upwards.
* SU85 and StuGIIIg hit points adjusted for realism, were almost invulverable from the side whereas as in reality they were weak there.
* Corrected Wespe gun elevation and traverse.
* JS2 and T34/85 commanders inside cupola look around restored.
* Hitpoints on all tanks reworked.
* 4 new Tiger skins and a big thanks to Paraso for help with the grey one.
* Skin naming reorg to make them all visible in the selection menu.
* Tank naming and faction organisation sorted out.
* Sound definition upgrade for more surround sound shader effect for tank motors.
* AP shells have explosive filler to historically correct levels.
* HE shell have explosive filler to historically correct levels.
* All shells have been reworked with regards penetration and speed.
* All shells now make a metallic clang sound when they hit armour plate.
* JS2 engine and idle sounds levelled out.
* Tiger muddy wheels are darker.
* 2 new panther skins
* Corrected that some German tank round fired green tracer and now fire red.
* Light vehicles stop on zero throttle.
* Sherman drives a little better for a broken 3d model.
* Tank fuel tank leaks are slower.
* Panther sounds levelled out.
1. Darker grey skin for the Tiger.
2. Less rusty standard green skins for the Russian tanks.
3, Units now stack in the right category in the editor after the main game change.
4. Please provide feedback on the mod discussion page if you see anything new and strange that should not be.
1. Added Sherman Flame tank.
2. Added Stuart Flame tanks.
3. Improved OT34/76 Flame tank with better flame thrower from new Churchill Crocodile.
4. Tiger motor driving sound improved.
5. Tiger engine physics improved.
6. KT engine physics improved.
5. All RP vehicles now listed in editor menu for seperate selection.
1. T34 series of tanks slower acceleration.
1. Improved tiger driving sound.
2. Repaired T34 series driving errors.
3. Since that last main game update I have noticed that tanks zig zag more when driving and also that the main gun sounds like a PIAT and these new features are not my work and I am sure will be fixed by the IF44 team in due course.
1. Quick fix to catch up with main mode game changes and to get some of the tanks back under control again.
1. Removed the rp_weapons pbo as the tank shells were too powerful and will work on it some more. Thanks to Dick__Dastardly for helping find and test the problem.
1. Tank shells now make a metallic hit sound when they impact armour.
2. Wespe now has a proper HEAT shell with a penetration value and tracer.
1. Added AT version of Wespe and added historically correct final drive ratio.
1. Flakpanzer IV slower.
1. 3D sound definitions and refinements to most vehicles.
2. Vehicle handling improvements.
1. Minor sound definition fix for Wespe/PzIIF.
1. Added 3D sound definition for all tanks and most vehicles.
1. Fixed the array missing error message on startup.
2. Gave all external vehicle engines longer sound range in external mode.
1. Lots of vehicle sound and handling improvements.
2. There is an array error associateed with the PIV and Flakpanzer IV that I cannnot find. Just click the error message away for now.
Update: 5 dec om 16:47
1. Fixed syntax error that was causing a problems with ALIVE servers, thanks to Threedots for finding and showing how to fix the error.
2. Minor tweaks to truck sounds and driving.
1. Quieter engine idle sounds for T34, stug and tiger.
2. Phys tweaks for some cars.
3. Minor sound tweaks to many engines.
1. New King Tiger idle sound.
2. Cars and halftracks are back.
3. Many minor motor sound tweaks.
1. signed the files.
1.Physics tweaks. Tanks now roll on when the W key is released, also possible to adjust speed setting with the W key. Tanks drive better with AI in.
1. Physics tweaks after gameplay testing and user feedback. They are very good now the best they have ever been. Setting are now made on the following basis, 1. Adjust physics settings to achieve the tanks top road speed. 2. Set the maximum speeed to the tanks top off road speed. This way the tank does not lose any low end power and also does not go too fast in combat. This is a workaround until the tank class has an offroad coeficient.
1. Tank physics update to capture main mod changes.
2. New sounds for M3 and M5 tanks.
3. New sounds for T34 series of tanks.
4. Removed armoured cars and APCs while more work is done on them after the main mod update made them unworkable.
1. Physx tweaks for better vehicle pathing. Generally more turning force so that they do not change direction so much when driving.
1. Fix for KT so that it does not accelerate when turning and also paths better under AI control.
- IFA3 AIO Lite