Date: 2020-08-09 09:00
This is a mod for the excellent IFA3 Liberation mod. You will need the IFA3 Liberation mod loaded to use this mod. Also you will need the Faces of War mod (third line forcing) and the excellent Iron Front 44 for A3 mod that these other mods are based on.
This is a mod of a mod of a mod. lol.
I recommend using my adaption of the Smarter Tanks mod as well and not to mention my mod for Iron Front 44 for A3. Both linked below.
-Real tank motor idle and movement sounds.
-Improved and additional tank textures.
-Improved vehicle movement.
-More historically accurate tank speed and turning.
-More historically accurate suspension settings.
-Tank motors operate at optimal revolutions and torque, where possible.
-Tanks have historically correct transmission ratios and gear ratios and engine and torque curves.
-Tanks have the historically correct number of forward gears.
-Realistic fuel level and consumption rates.
-Added inventory to all tanks, weapons, flares, tool kits, first kits, ammo like one would find in a tank.
-Tanks included in the mod so far are: Hetzer, Panzer ii + iii + iv, Stug, StuH, KV1+2, T34, Sherman.
-Historically accurate fording depths.
-Other light tanks and other light vehicles are not yet included.
To install IFA3 liberation Real Panzer you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the IFA3 liberation Real Panzer please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
-For more realism and a sense that your tank has been hit turn on cam shake effects in options. It is a standard A3 feature.
-If there is a particular sound that you do not like you can open the mods addon folder and remove the individual pbo for that tank and then it will default to the standard game sound and drive characteristics.
-If you have a better sound that you would like to see used in the mod, please contact me, and I can assess it and see if I can replace the existing one with your new one. The sound must be of good quality with no background noises such as music, a moderator or crowds. If I take the sound up, I can credit you as a mod contributor if you want.
-If you like doing vehicle textures and would lke me to add them to the mod I can do that too if they are good.
- Some of the 3d models are "locked" and it is not possible to retexture them or add additional textures to them in the same as for other mods. Should they become "unlocked" in a future update this mod will put new textures on many of them automatically.
The Arma3 Nvidia PhysX sytem has some inbuilt limitations that hinder the making of a perfect tank simulation:
- One cannot manually shift gears.
- Only one turret speed so unpowered and powered turret turn cannot be simulated.
- There is no off-road coefficient for tanks as there are for cars in ARMA3. This means that when a tank goes off-road the speed does not go slower to allow for the vehicle sinking into the softer ground. I have therefore adjusted the tank physx (vehicle handling) so that the tank is able to at least do its top reported off-road speed when off-road, downhill on smooth ground more is possible. This means that on a hard sealed surface such as a highway or runway the tank is unlikely to reach its top reported historical on-road speed. Given that tanks battle mostly off-road I found this is an acceptable compromise until a proper off-road coefficient feature is created by the manufacturer.
- This mod was made and tested in single player mode and works well in that mode. The MP experience can vary.
Tip jar here:
Place Bitcoins here 35fzccTottsbetg8ogZakAaJaG5CSnqiZf
You can contribute sounds and textures and models too and I can put them in the game for your to enjoy and make you a co-author.
Credits & Thanks:
The Iron Front 44 Development Team.
IFA3 Liberation Development Team.
Update: 8 aug om 16:38
*Synced files with main RP mod.
*Slowed down the T34.
*Removed Hetzer file error message.
* update to match main mod files.
- Update to match files with main RP IFA3 mod.
* Upated common files with RP main mod.
* More choices of skins for some tanks
* Matching files with the RP IFA3 mod.
* Update to core RP files.
* Kubelwagen runs better.
* Matched files in IFA3 RP mod.
* Removed weapons pbo.
* Removed Hetzer.
* Removed Pz iii flammpanzer.
* Put in blank place holder tanks for the removed items so that missions are not broken.
1. Updated common files with RP IFA3 mod so they match up.
* Added load order ZZZ sequence to that mod overwrites core files better.
* Matched shared files with RP IFA3 mod with current versions.
1. Brake idle speed adjustment.
2. More efficient torque curves and gear change settings.
3. Increased gear change latency times.
4. Wheel setups back to original.
5. Cars updated
6. Halftracks updated
*Added inventory gear to Flammpanzer Hetzer.
* Fixed cannot find ammoboom file error message for P3 and Hetzer.
* Fixed Hetzer load error message on startup.
Real Panzer Liberation Changelog
Vehicle physics improved.
T34 texture variants fixed up.
Sounds and textures matched with main RP mod.
*Faction sorted out into the new groups.
*General macro commands used to make changes stick.
* Sound definition upgrade for more surround sound shader effect for tank motors.
* Some textures reworked and upgraded.
1. No real changes just matching the textures file in this mod with my other Real Panzer mod.
1. Added Panzer III Flame tank.
2. Added Hetzer Flame tank.
3. Improved Hetzer driving sounds.
4. Cleaned up rp_sounds pbo.
1. Fix to catch up with main mod changes that altered some of the vehicle driving characteristics.
1. Added Hetzer skins back and also historically correct final drive ratio.
1. Improvement to vehicle sound and movement.
2. 3D sound definitions.
1. Minor tweaks and changes to sounds and vehicle physics after main mod update.
1. Sound tweaks to add in the new DLC for Tanks sounds and remove an error message.
2. Physx tweaks to make the vehicles path better when driven by AI.
1. Updated some sound definitions.
1. Updated soundshader pbo to remove load error message.
1. Small update too some sounds and textures and physics for stock non tracked vehicles.
2. There is still a sound not found error due to the Tanks DLC that I will take care of later.
1. New green stug texture.
1. Tex and soundshader update.
1. Just about all tanks have the the new sound shaders system.
2. Added sounds for the Sherman.
3. Many sounds and vehicle handling adjustments.
1. Update to soundsand texture organisation.
1. Physics update to make use of the new tank code introduced in the last big A3 update. Tanks have engine Moment of Inertia (MOI) now and some new suspension and turning features. Gearboxes have been improved to change up with the rev count and to move up through the gears sequentially. All really good improvements.
2. Panzer III and IV series tanks have new real engine startup sounds.
3. Panzer II has real startup sound.
1. Added real engine start sound for Stugs, Panzer IIIs and Panzer IV.
Bespreek deze update in de discussies-sectie.
Update: 26 dec 2017 om 18:14
1. Added aged T34 series tank textures to match IF44 Real Panzer mod.
1. Texture reorganisation, no new material, sorry.
1. First public release after weeks of making and testing.
1. Added more tanks to the mod.
1. Added pz3 sounds and vehicle physics.
2. PzIII 3D models do not support retexturing.
3. Added track clatter sounds to Hetzer.
1. Added KV1 and KV2 sound and vehicle handling.
1. Hetzer physics adjustment.
1. Added Hetzer textures, sound and vehicle physics.
- Community Base addons A3
- IFA3 AIO Lite
- IFA3 liberation