Requirements: CUP Weapons
Short description: is a port of ARMA 2's weapon sounds into CUP.
Date: 2021-02-18 09:50
A port of ARMA 2's weapon sounds into CUP, adding on weapon sounds from ARMA 2, and its DLCS.
- Nearly all firearms (rifles, LMG's, shotguns, SMG's, handguns) have their audio replaced by their ARMA 2 counterparts.
- In addition, some sounds from the first game, ArmA: Armed Assault.
- Firing, and foley sounds are in accordance to their ArmA2-counterparts.
- Ported over sounds take advantage of the reverb sound effects offered by ARMA 3's engine.
To install Arma 2 Sounds for CUP you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Requires CUP Weapons. Compatibility with the development version should work as well.
Note: the following video does not show the new reload sounds and rather should give you an idea what the ported sounds are like)...
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- If using the development (DEV) version of CUP on the workshop, some sounds may be bugged and/or not work properly.
Changelog: (18-02-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
- Workshop Releas
- Ported to the latest verison of CUP
- New sound effects for Deagle, TEC-9, SPAS, & Galil
- Fixed missing config files for some weapons
- Updated to the latest version of CUP.
- Restructured config files to avoid conflicts with other weapon mods.
- Now adapted for v.1.13.1 of CUP.
- Launchers and static weaponry now have their sounds replaced.
- Grenade explosion sound FX have now been replaced to their ArmA2 counterparts.
- Major sound quality revisions, now updated to stereo format.
- Corrected Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) weapon sounds, now should be directly in accordance to their ArmA2 counterparts.
- Minor config tweaks.
- Now adapted for v1.12.0 of CUP.
- Implemented/tweaked many of the reload sounds.
- Additional reload sounds for pistols, sniper rifles, and semiautomatics.
- New firing sounds for various weapons.
- Suppressed sounds are now implemented.
- Many weapons now have unique tail/echo (outdoor, interior, distant) sound effects.
- As of 2.0, several weapons now use sounds from the first game.
- The MK17's reload should now be properly synced up.
- The MP5 should now no longer use unsuppressed sounds when silenced (similarity applies to the MP5SD).
- Various volume changes.
- Fixed the FAL from using NIArms' FAL gunshots if NIA was loaded.
- Implemented new reload sounds.
- Added some additional sound effects.
- Adjusted a few sounds to be clearer.
- Initial release.
- CUP Weapons
- BI forums