A "plug and play" mod that will spawn various sites and AI, fully randomly placed that will be dynamically de and respawning for ongoing survival action!
Never again will it be pointless, dull and boring to run around in armas beautiful forrests, just because all the loot and action is stuck in cities and other remains of civilisation!
My mod spawn in bandit camps to raid, small survivor hideouts to find and loot in the deepest forest, crashed helicopters that should definitely be searched before other survivors get there, ferocious packs of wild dogs that will jump you in the dark or animals to hunt for survival. Find a tame horse as a compagnion and tie it up next to your homebase while setting up barricades and boobie traps to fend off attacks against your newly claimed home.
You will never rest easy, knowing that your steps may be watched from far and the moment you get too comfortable at a place, bandits pick up your trace and hunt you down!
- random position finder for all features
- sites de and respawn
- Bandit Camps
- AI Patrols
- Animal Spawner (Goats & Sheep)
- Spawners for Boats, Planes, Helicopters
- Medical Sites
- Zombie Infection Script for the RAVAGE mod
- JBDOG feral dog spawner
- DBO Horses spawner
- No Rest! spawner (checks if player stays at a place for too long, if so, might spawn AI hunters )
- loot spawns at all sites
- Max Joiners melee weapon mod is automatically included in the loot economy and player equipper. AIs wont spawn with melee weapons however. This requires the max_melee weapons mod. No dependency is created.
- dynamic symulation is enabled for all spawned AI and structures. Simulation is enabled based on your view distance settings minus fog, plus scoped view distance to save FPS
- automated loot arrays based on active mods (e.g. CUP, RHS,... will be integrated into the features)
- blacklist items
- exclude Arma 3 Vanilla and DLC items from loottable
- exclude various mod sub content (e. g. CUP Uniforms, or IFA3 Backpacks...)
- adjustable AI equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- adjustable player equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- CBA3 Settings to tune features in Editor
- possibility to add blacklist area markers for land sites (e.g. Bandit Camps) and coastal sites (e.g. shipwreck and boats)
- adjustable spawn ranges and despawn timers
- MP compatible to my best knowledge, please report any issues
- the default currency is the ravage money, fyi. Without ravage mod active, it will just not spawn without error
- adjust the amount of sites/features that at spawn to your needs or disable specific features if you dont like it
- plane spawner: the only feature that requires you to place markers, check the CBA3 settings for it. 4 markers are pre defined, you may add as many as you want and place such markers at airfields. All placed markers will be a potential spawn position for planes
To install Vandeanson's Apocalypse you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Vandeanson's Apocalypse please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
1. Subscribe to the mod
2. to adjust settings, in Eden Editor, go to Settings -> Addon Settings -> select the "VDA" options to see what you can change (there are a lot of options for customisation)
3. NOTE: the plane spawner requires you to place the following markers by default, else the planes spawn in the debug zone: "VD_PlaneMrkr_1,VD_PlaneMrkr_2,VD_PlaneMrkr_3,VD_PlaneMrkr_4". You may add or remove markers.
4. if you play on maps like chernarus, cover the empty terrain with large area markers and name them. enter the area markers name into the field under "VDA -1- General Settings" to blacklist that area from landsite spawns.
5. similar for shipwrecks and boats (cover inland lakes with additional area markers) so the shipwrecks and boats wont spawn in lakes inland.
Note that this mod requires CBA3.
- CUP Terrains Core
is also recommended, as some structures from it are used. There is no dependency however.
Ravage has been the inspiration for the mod and this mod is made with Ravage in mind.
There is however no dependency, you can use the mod with our without Ravage.
I have quite a bunch of ideas for new features and plan to improve and extend the mod going forward, no ETA gor such features however.
- Ai scavengers that move from house to house in a city and then return to a hideout z nearby to drop off loot, then go back to scavenging
- AI spawner in case players spend a lot of time at the e same place (e.g. Looting a city)
- chance for AI groups in any feature to be military grade geared, rather than random low quality ity survivor gear
- some sort of simple basebuilding, crafting and ressource gathering feature
- a mission generator
- optional loot economy (to fill buildings with loot)
- option to include heroes survive
- option to include zombies & demons (e.g. A ambient Z spawner)
- fake underground sites such as bunkers or caves
- not all arrays are automated (automated means, items or structures of active mods are put into category for use in my script)
- automate heli, plane, heliwreck, boat arrays based on active mods
- automate inventory items
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to all the great guys on the BI forum for their help and advise.
With special thanks to George Floros GR, Johnnyboy, Mr H., Larrow, pierremgi, Haleks, Grumpyoldman, Gunter Severloh, the Ravage folks, all followers of my topic thread and anyone i might have forgotten right now.
HELP TO IMPROVE:
Please subscribe, rate and let me know any issue that might occure, I would appreciate receiving any feedback that helps me improve the mod.
- Bleeding should now be properly triggered
- Infection should now be properly triggered
- Temperature (WIP) system chat message "drying" removed (God that annoyed me!)
hotfix : hiding of AI removed
- Dynamic Simulation System re-enabled
- AI skills set to 0.55, down from 1
- VA AI Skill system feature removed
- dynamic simulation removed
- fix: AI got their AI simulation disabled, AI would no longer respond to anything. AI at sites should no longer spawn unresponsive.
- gearing: AI equipper fixed. Dead AI should get properly equipped and should not change rifles unifrom vests and other gearparts.
A minimum of 1 magazine per primary and handgun weapon should be in their inventory + additional VA stuff per settings
hotfix, added missing files causing the crash
- AI: dynamic simulation disabled:
this is might possibly fix the freezing AI issue, assuming that the issue with unresponsive AI is linked to Armas enableDynamicSimulation feature.
Please let me know if this fixes the issues reported
- added new bleeding from VA 3.0 WIP build, replaced old bleeding
- added new infection from VA WIP build, replaced old infection
the features are re-written, fixes:
- random bleeds/infections
- hits that are registered multiple times (Z damage or explosions) will now only once trigger a bleeding/infection hit (subject to bleeding/infection chance)
- hunger, thirst, bleeding, blood and infection should now properly reset at death
- fixed basebuilding hotkey issue - should no longer seize to work after SP save.
- Restarting a mission will bug the hotkey. to avoid that, fully leave the scenario and restart it from the main menue.
- fix to add FirstAidKits to VA spawned AI (Gerharts fix)
- random selection of custom units for patrols and stalkers fixed
hotfix (persistent player load)
- silly code error fixed that would break the game
- option to disable the VA mod in the editor added
- Basebuilding: enable option added
- Basebuilding: enable Key activation (press T to open and close basebuilding menue). If disabled, basebuilding menue will open on Inventory close
- HUD by The Dude added
- hunger/thirst reset at respawn/restart fixed
- various smaller fixes
- fixed persisten ravage hunger/thirst load after rejoining server
- place persistent player caches to store loot
- place persistent tents
- place persistent barricades
- place persistent ladders
- materials and blueprints (WIP)
- no ressource requirement for now (for testing)
- add any classname you want to the building menue (accessed by closing the inventory):
VABB_ObjectsBP pushback "classname"; or
VABB_ObjectsBP append ["classname1","classname2","classname3"];
- persistency: (saved player pos and object pos) positioning changed from setpos to setposatl
- Persistency: magazines duplication fixed in saved player caches
- if you log out lying down, while on a building, you might log in one floor below.
- added placeable player caches classname "VA_LootCrateDis"
- added persistent save for "VA_LootCrateDis" that are placed on the map
- added persistent save of gear that is placed in player caches
- added VA_LootCrateDis to the loottable (drops from AI and groundloot)
- caches can currently only be placed on terrain ground (not on objects)
- the content of uniforms, vests and backpacks that are placed in the cache is not saved and will be lost after restart
- placement is just a default method and it will be replaced
- the material is likely going to be replaced with a (learnable) blueprint and materials (boards, nails,..)
- option to move or pick up cache
- fixed floating structures bug
- added immune timer after respawn (to avoid respawning with bleeding/infection)
- added 5% chance that ravage Z might spawn loot when killed (items or food)
- changed magazine spawner to spawn magazines with random round count (groundloot, player equipper, lootboxes)
- changed AI equipper, items are now only added once the AI is killed, this will also work with non VA units
- yet another bleeding update. we finally found the actual issue behind thebleeding after respawn (hopefully)
- bleeding and infection would be carried over after respawn, added killed EH to reset stats
fixes bleeding trigger (would trigger multipler times before)
fixes sleep multiplayer (missunderstanding from my end reversed)
adds Survivor Diaries inventory item that may drop from AI and may spawns in buildings. May contain information about Points of interesst (any VA Site)
adds awesome new map icon marker sponsored by The Dude
adds updated inidb2 persistency save system, players data is saved on disconnect and in a loop (to back up for server crashes)
various optimisations and smaller fixes
- code typo fixed
VA is now compatible with inidb2 persistency. Reconnecting players can continue to play where and in what state they have left.
Player: Position, Direction, Health, Loadout, Ravage Hunger/Thirst, VA Blood state, VA Bleeding state, VA Infection state are saved.
The Ravage stats save has no effect if Ravage or the Ravage Survival Module is not active.
Dependency: To save player data, the Dedicated Server/Hosted MP host must have the inidb2 mod activated. (Clients don't need this/it should have no effect)
Subscribe to INIDB2 by Code34:
Note: Add a local INIDB2 copy to your launcher (for Hosted MP Hosts) or your Dedicated Server, dedicated to the current mission/server, else you will load in player saves from previous missions/server setups.
- re-added ravage loaded check
- turned off debug markers by default
- turned off debug hints by default
- now working on dedicated server
- added option to increase or decrease the spawnradius (relative to mapsize), if the sites still spawn outsidethe map with the calculated radius (which is distance from [0,0,0] to mapcenter * 0.8 -> 0.8 can be adjusted)
- hint should now show server side info (amount of spawned sites, loot and AI) to clients and clients get their stats hinted locally.
Alright guys, i ll be honest, i tinkered around all day next to work and i pretty much lost the overview of what has changed
- Infinite loading screen fix is optional, disable if if you have problems with missions/other mods not loading. This is a wild guess but it could be something that breaks mods/missions that worked pre patch 2.20. Obviously enable if your clients get the infinite loading screen issue.
- spawning a tradercamp without the ravage AI module placed will no longer cause issues. the ravage trader function will just not be added
- magazine repack is optional now and has a setting to turn it off.
- world loot (one off loot spawn on whole map) delay option removed as it was causing major performance issues
- some unnecessary Settings removed from General
- AI Patrols and Stalkers tweaked, some settings reworked
- site spawners: Shipwreck and boat position finder redone, these should no longer spawn outside the map
- animal spawner: fixed and testing a respawn system using killed eventhandlers instead of waituntil/loops
- some unused assets removed or blacked out for now (VA food items,..)
- minimum spawn distance to player for all sites is a fix value of 600 meters now
- added an option under general to have a hint active that shows spawned sites and player stats, this is meant for debugging
- the WIP HUD is removed and integrated into the above debugger, it caused major issues and i ll have to work out a proper solution
-... thats probably about it, will add it later if i forgott to mention something
- dbo horse spawner spawns dead horses, will rewrite this spawner next
- issue with the debugger fixed
- Mag repack multyplication bug fixed
- world loot bug fixed
- main menue initiatisation bug fixed
- animal spawner reworked
- HUD moved into debug message for now
- bleeding frequency fixed (bleeding effects would not be delayed properly)
- infection script redone - should be bug free now
- random respawn redone - players should no longer spawn outside the map or in water
- infinite loading screen fixed
- various smaller issues fixed
- medical Items no longer require SHIFT + F but are shown automatically when needed/available
- AI tweaked
- WIP Stats HUD (after inventory close)
- Sites Side and classes spawner options updated
- Magazine Repack feature
- new WIP temperature feature, enable it to test and pls give feedback:) needs some finetuning and effects
- fixed an issue with player reference / respawn / loot economy
This version changes the loot economy substantially compared to the steam version.
- new mods are categorized
- categorized mods are: arma 3, dlc, all 4 RHS, CUP, Niarms, friths ruins, ravage (project infinity, EO, ttsk, warfarethai, ifa3, KA, aftermath and any other mod are yet to be categorized)
- categories are: civilian, military, police and special
- option added to take over RAVAGE gear pool settings and overwrite VA default settings. Blacklisted classnames are still excluded and custom gearlists will overwrite this. This is intentional
- these categories define in what buildings what loot will spawn
- police gear will (wip) spawn in buildings designated as police building (e. G. Liviona police station, tbd for arma, dlc and CUP)
- special gear is ghillie suits, diving suits, oxygen tanks and such. Will not spawn often, will not be equipped to AI, will likely only be obtainable from loot crates and traders, tbd)
- AI will either spawn with gear from the civilian pool or from the military pool, chance based
- Loot crates are filled with gear from all categories
- mod content will only be categorized if mod is active
- new settings: seperate military loot adjuster (chance for rifles, items, uniforms,...)
- setting to bulk exclude arma 3, dlc, ravage equipment seperately (option for weapons and for equipment)
- setting to BLACKLIST specific classname from lootlist
- setting to overwrite/WHITELIST loot arrays for itemslots with custom classnames (will ignore default generated lists and apply your classnames only)
- setting to adjust chance that AI spawns with military gear
- setting to add additional classnames to the loot economy
- chance to spawn guard dogs set to 0 by default until friendly fire behaviour is fixed (BAD DOG!)
- debug hints cleaned up (only worls in SP and hosted MP atm)
- added counter to show how much loot is currently spawned
- removed bis fnc task defense from AI that is spawned at sites until AI behaviour issues are fixed.
- added a ravage time multiplier to some function. For example for bleeding to avoid bleeding to tick faster than intended.
- some settings cleaned up
infinite loading screen on dedicated server fixed
military loot economy added
fixed: bleeding system changed - should no longer be randomly inflicted (only attacks and bulletwounds trigger bleeding now).
- compatibility issue with other addons that use push buttons (displayAddEventhandler) fixd
- Shift + F works well in MP
- Shift + F duplicates in SP after restart, you will have to push it once more to open the inventory. Working on a fix for that.
NEW USAGE SYSTEM for medical treatment!!
- key to open all addaction for bandaging, blood transfusion, anti virus injector use and anti virus pill consumation: Shift + F
-> requires you to have the respective items and be under the effects of the relevant issues (bleeding or infected)
- press Shift + F again to hide the addactions
- position finder optimized
- no more debugg zone spawns
- spawn ONLY in map by default, no more marker placement needed
-> except Shipwrecks and Boats, where I am still looking for a good solution
- FPS optimized, hidden when noone near
- Bandit Camps, Crashsites, Hideouts and Shipwrecks have an scrollwheel action to scavence for lootbox
- AI FPS saving mechanics
- feral and patrol dog sounds fixed
- you can now chose side (east, west, independent or random) that will spawn at any site
The Living features:
- updated (dynamic animation/animation interruption, bleed effects)
- applied some fixes so bleeding only starts in intendet scenarios
- added autohealing that starts when: not bleeding, above 80 blood, (and if ravage) above 80 hunger and thirst
- option to remove FAKs updated, faks are removed from inventory at spawn/respawn and relpaced with bandages at pickup
-Animal spawner updated (Sheep, goats, cocks and wild-boars hooked to the caching function)
- first iteration of scripted (Event-handler "fired near") fleeing behavior of animals
- Debug notifications added, you will see a hint summary of what has been spawned in.
- Auto recognition of ravage (disables ravage related content if ravage is not active)
- Healing system added: once the player has 90+ blood, is not bleeding and (ravage only) has 80+ hunger and thirst, he will heal every X seconds for Y amount of health. X and Y can be adjusted in the VA - Player settings. The feature can be turned off. I recommend to pair with the feature to disable FAK
- bleeding fixed
- bandaging fixed
- blood transfusion fixed
- infection fixed
- infection cure fixed
- added correct medic animation to the above, no more glitching
- added a menue to modify the blood gain speed
- tradercamp fixed but placement might be problematic on maps like Tanoa. I might have to make smaller tradercamps.
- added knockout/faint effect (KK's Ragdoll script)
- updated animation
- updated addaction restrictions
- updated animation
- updated addaction restrictions
Anti Virus Injection:
- updated animation
- updated addaction restrictions
- option to disable stamina (player settings)
- option to disable First Aid Kits (bleeding settings)
- animation added to bandaging and blood transfer
- moving while bandaging or transfering blood will cancel the action and might destroy the bandage/bloodbag
- bandaging will now put the current headgear on the ground and add a head bandage and some medical waste
- for ravage: workaround code added so the players arms would not glitch if you have your weapon on the back
- the blood value would not reset after respawn - fixed
- bleeding effect would not be reset at respawn - fixed
- overhauled infection system
- inventory item Anti Virus Pills and Injectors
- bleeding system
- inventory item bandages and bloodbag
- new tradercamp
- incl ravage traders and ravage trader for weapon attachment
and others - detailed update info and summary will follow!
- loot economy: the blacklisting markers do not work properly update: fixed...silly mistake to be released in update 2.06 later tonight
- AI Patrols: fixed issue with cleanup checks
- AI stalkers: fixed issue with cleanup checks
- AI stalkers: added option to set patrol dog spawnchance (0 to disable patrol dogs)
added server key
- Anti Virus Meds can now easily be picked up
- loot economy (gear that may spawn in buildings): setting a type (e.g. "pistol" ) to 0, will now correctly exclude it from the loottable
- "non harmful" infection effects delay increased (coughing, stam loss,..)
- Anti Virus Meds added to the loot economy loottable (they may spawn in buildings now)
Fixed another missing comma....!
Pushed another update including the earlier announced changes.
The earlier update did not work, because i forgot two comas....
Further i fixed some small issues that i noticed and added minor settings in the lootspawner (option to offset the Z axis up down of lootpositions in buildings, in case loot always spawns below the floor for whatever reason)
Further i added some additional delays, trying to smoothen spawns.
Some cool looking cup hel wrecks are now automatically added to the crashite spawn assets, if cup is used.
And some stuff I already forgott again:)
- removed CUP wrecks in order to make CUP Terrain- Core requirement voluntary
- "not folder" hint removed (when reloading or picking up items)
- removed default loadout form vehicles spawned in boat, plane, helicopter spawn sites
- added military and industrial buildings (from config) to the dynamic loot spawner of the loot economy feature
- added setting to change infection base frequency (increase time between harmful symptoms like stamina loss, health loss. Non harmful symptoms remain random)
- added feature that First Aid Kits may contain Anti Virus Medicine. FAK would be deleted in that case and AVM is added. Chance for this can be adjusted under the infection settings
Point of Interest EH:
- with ravage, you have a chance to find information about points of interesst in document folders.
- such info will add a local (to player) marker to the players map (questionmark)
- this may indicate the location of any of the sites of the mod
- POI marker disappears once you are within 10 meters of POI
- POI markers do not disappear when the site is despawned, simulating that intel you looted might be outdated
- loot economy spawn loop would not start after respawn, fixed
- changed do to then in line 12 of the lootspawner
- this should fix the loot economy feature
VA Loot Economy added:
- loot spawner in buildings at building positions
- dynamic spawn/despawn based on player location
- blacklisting areas with spawned loot (so other players wont spawn in loot as well)
- should be MP compatible
- all settings can be adjusted under "Vandeanson's Apocalypse - Loot Economy"
- equipment settings are considered (disabled mod features, e.g. disable CUP Pistol)
This is disabled by default, you need to access the CBA settings for VA - Loot Economy to activate the feature and adjust the settings
couple of hotfixes and two fixes:
- critical planespawner fixed
- critical hideout spawner fixed
Added 20 seconds delay for site spawners to spawn.
This will fix an issue that arrays are not ready at spawns due to multiple gear/weapon mods being active.
fixed an issue that would cause an error pop up if lootspawners, AI or Player equipper would attempt to spawn weapons from empty arrays. (e.g. in case you blacklist all pistols, there is no pistol in the pistols array to choose from).
- all site and AI spawners have been rewritten
- focus on FPS optimisation
- fixed a logic error that would cause sites and AI to despawn or freeze in front of players
- various other fixes
- AI stalker spawner
- AI patrol spawner
- MP compatible feral dogs
- MP compatible AI patrol dogs
- tradercamp is still not MP compatible, needs some major rework
-Random Loadout at respawn fixed
- MP issues solved:
1. players can connect and wont get stuck in endless loading screen due to suspension code in the init.
2. all players get the random loadout at start and at respawn, according to their settings
3. all players will respawn at random positions, if selected so in the settings
remaining MP issues:
- addactions are SP only. On dedicates servers, noone will get the addactions for:
1. Traders, except ravage traders (only the VA custom trader for attachments, explosives, grenades and respawn backpacks wont work for connected clients other than the host and not at all on dedicated. working on a fix.
2. hideout tents loot search addaction. I added a chance for 1-2 lootboxes to spawn by default
3. crashsites: cargo space cant be searched on dedicated, and if client hosted, only the host gets the addaction. working on a fix.
- bugfixes from 1.15
- removed suspension from initialisation to try and avoid MP issues (stuck in loading screen for joining players)
-removed suspension form initalisation - might fix MP issue
- added some tooltips in the CBA_A3 settings (still WIP)
- added option to change factions for AI Patrols and Bandit Camps
- MP issue: CBA settings are only executed on Server - lets try if this works=)
- deletion of items and structures that spawn in the debug zone
- added option to use the ravage equipper for AI and Player
- added option to have the player respawn at a random location (requires respawn at position of death). Respawn range can be adjusted (relative to position of death)
- various fixes
- Community Base addons A3
- CUP Terrains Core
- BI forums