Requirements: No addons required
Date: 2008-07-15 07:26
This is the source data for a 10km sq map based a real world location in Jacksonville, Oregon US.
I am distributing this source data because I don't forsee myself completing this map. Anyone is granted to use(parts of)/mod it however they may wish and release it. All I demand is that I am credited for the source data AND THAT IT IS NOT USED IN ANY WAY OR FORM COMMERCIALLY.
The download link at the bottom of the page will give you the binirized version (thanks to MrBurns!)
You can download the source files to continue work on this island from here (434 Mb).
Just extract the pbo to your arma/addons folder or to prevent problems use a modfolder as we always recommend.
If you do not know how to use modfolders have a look in our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
It contains source data.
1) The artificial lake is composed of two different objects, one visible pond.p3d object and one invisible one that enables units to swim in it. These are derived from ArmA mlods:
- BI forums (Second post).
2) The lake objects are set to 530m height. Remember, if you're editing terrain vertices close to these objects you may affect their elevation, this might mess up how units interact with the water objects.
This can be corrected by toggling off natural objects, select all artificial objs and running the "SetAbsoluteHeight" script.
3) The dam is just some placeholder objects I made, feel free to make a proper one.
4) The terrain elevation has been reduced by about 300-400 from the original DEM data, this is because the terrain contrast was too much for gameplay (in my opinion).
5) The project folder is supposed to be on the P:\ drive root, not in the ca folder.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags