Date: 2019-11-17 21:22
The orginal location and inspiration for this mod:
Rügen is Germany's largest island by area. It is located off the Pomeranian coast in the Baltic Sea and belongs to the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. It is a very popular tourist destination because of its resort architecture, the diverse landscape, its long sandy beaches and the famous chalk cliffs.
The island has a long diverse history and was a point of interest during World War II and after for different military projects and camps like Prora or a planned seaport for submarines.
As this mod-island is only about 1/15 of its orginal size it sees many differences and adaptions. The original map is only taken as inspiration regarding locations and shape. D41_Ruegen is placed in the near future and set up as a location for prissoners to resocialize them (thats the reason for the huge walls on the borders).
The intention was to create a diverser european map that offers lots of choke points for conflicts, many cities and locations that might be interessted for mission making, life-projects or survival situations. And i tried to make this map also usable for boats by offering many passways and shortcuts.
Many other maps where either too big, too empty or too easy to cross offroads. This is why i tried to create a new mixture with a focus on infantry combat and the intention to make a relatively small map, that still feels big as you cant cross it in a straight direction.
The areas vary from more civilised and rural locations on the south western part, to tourist locations on the eastern side to destroyed and barren locations in the northern regions. Some fights have been going on there (its up to you if this was because of zombies, rebelling prissoners or whatever). For even more rubble and wrecks check out the "Scorched" Version, also included in this mod.
Facts about the map:
Mapsize: 16.384m x 16.384m
Gridsize: 4096 cells
Original size: about 65km x 65km
Vanilla Map: d41_ruegen
Scorched Version: d41_ruegen_scorched
Special features of this map:
many passways for boats between the islands (might be even faster then going by car)
tide-system with changes of the waterlevel up to 3m (lowest water at noon, highest at midnight), offering and closing some passages for cars and boats depending on the time
some hidden locations and caves
some military and rebell outposts (Polizeikaserne Parow, military airport in the north) throughout the map
2 castle ruins
1 highway crossing nearly the whole island for a fast travel but with reduced possiblity to get offroad
crowded forests filled with bushes etc. to improve life and hiding of infantry
Second Version of the island "Scorched" included in these files containing lots of additional wrecks etc. mainly for survival missions like exile etc.
Screenshots from the map:
till 27.04.18: https://imgur.com/a/nWqjt
from 27.04.2018 on: https://imgur.com/a/B0Myw3i
To install Distrikt 41 - Ruegen you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Recommended and/or optional addons and mods to use with Distrikt 41 - Ruegen:
- DS Houses
Credits & Thanks:
The preview video was created by Multisasch. Thanks for those nice videos! This is the link to his youtube-channel (german): Multisasch - Arma 3 Gameplays & more
Silola - The X-CAM object placement tool. Without this tool, it would have taken more than "just" two years.
Zgmrvn - Surface Painter
A3-Terrain Builder Discord[discord.gg] - Answering questions, providing knowledge and advice, without them this terrain would not have been completed.
PMC Editing Wiki[pmc.editing.wiki] for all those great guides around terrain creation
CUP-Team for its great mod
HAG Objects from WA Lancer for his open sourcefiles for plants and citysigns
License / Disclaimer:
LEGAL NOTICE! READ THIS!
THIS ADDON IS RELEASED UNDER THE ARMA-LICENSE: APL-SA
You should not upload and mirror this anywhere without permission (This is also relevant for you @armaholic and @moddb!).
This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except for the original IP-Owner Cosmo.
This means: You are NOT allowed to upload, reupload or whatever it to the Steam-Workshop! (Just read the steam licenses 6D steam licenses 6D)
Do yourself a favor and create a Steam Workshop Collection, it makes yours (and all other lives) much easier.
- Files updated to version 1.04 and completely repacked (including new server keys)
- Tide system (actually) removed....
Background: Before the A3 update, the Vanilla ships didn't work as soon as the tide was low or high. For some reason I can't understand there still seems to be ebb/tide (I can't find any traces of it in my config...) and the boats all went to different water levels during testing. I hope it works again for you.
- A few containers and tanks put back on the ground. Thanks for reporting!
- Railway bridge at the cargo port: gap closed, so that the tracks don't float in the air.
Nach den ersten Spieltests und Feedbacks gehts weiter mit den Updates.
- Einige leere Dörfer wurde weiter bebaut und verschönert (Binz, Kluis, Patzig etc.)
- Diverse freie Flächen und Felder etwas mit Büschen, Gräben etc bestückt (für die arme Infanterie)
- Straßennetz im Satbild neu eingefügt (kein Türkiston mehr, bessere Sichtbarkeit aus der Luft)
- Feintuning an den Licht-Configs (z.B. mehr Sichtbarkeit bei Nacht mit Vollmond)
- Diverse Bugfixes wie Straßenpfosten etc. Danke an alle Melder!
- Offlinekarten-PDFs etc wieder entfernt da die 400Mb extra ausgemacht haben.
Object-Counter: 563.396 (davor: 542.018 )
Update from 17.06.2019, Version 1.03:
The first playtests are over and i got the first feedback and bugreports from players. Thanks for your reports!
So its time for another update to add some missing stuff and do some more finetuning. These are the relevant changes:
- Some barren villages have been extended and edited (Binz, Kluis, Patzig, Breege etc.)
- Many whide and empty, flat field where improved with bushes and trenches to give more options for infantry
- Reworked the streets that are displayed on the satmap (no more greenish tint, better to be seen from air, still needs more improvement)
- Finetuning on the lighting-configs (night should not be as dark anymore at full moon, stronger shadows on some days)
- many many bugfixes like flying or coliding objects
- Removed the offline-map from the mod (as it was additional 400Mb)
- Mapversion "D41_Ruegen_Scorched" readded to the mod.
- Now both versions should work again
- Removed DS_Houses mod as requirement, as this is optional but suggested (to make those A2 houses enterable)
-> Have a look here if you want to use it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174
- Random Gamecrash in Editor and ingame should be fixed by now
- completely repacked the map and the textures
- new normalmap for the map (mixed up the colours before...)
- config was completely reworked and newly created (something in there was the cause for the crashes)
- d41_ruegen_scorched removed at the moment, it will come back later when i am sure that the mainmap is working)
- put the mappicture from ruegen into this mod. It can be found in the "/map"-folder within the modfiles (PDF and PNG)
-> If any crashes or errors are still appearing please report them to me in my discord!
- CUP Terrains Core
- Em Buildings
- BI forums