On 2 August 1990 the Iraqi Army invaded and occupied Kuwait, which was met with international condemnation and brought immediate economic sanctions against Iraq by members of the UN Security Council. Together with the UK prime minister Margaret Thatcher, who had resisted the invasion by Argentina of the Falkland Islands a decade earlier, American President George H. W. Bush deployed US forces into Saudi Arabia, and urged other countries to send their own forces to the scene.
This is a terrain that I made for a campaign in Iraq during the 1991 Gulf War for special forces missions and SCUD hunting. Now releasing since it's not being used anymore. It was made within about two weeks along with the objects with a real world heightmap and satellite image. It was made for infantry combat and foot patrols inside a city environment. The map includes some custom Saddam murals and posters to set the scene, the town itself is only based on the shape of the real life location and not made to replicate the real town in full detail.
- 5 cell size.
- 10x10km in size.
- Urban bazaar with compound combat in mind.
- Based on the real area around Al-Salman.
- Custom Saddam murals and posters.
- Set in 1991 but can be used for any time period.
- Micro-terrain for desert combat.
- Created specifically for infantry patrols, mechanised and tank combat.
- Vast oil-fields to the south
- One airbase situated on the north east corner.
It's great for mechanised and tank warfare, SAS patrols and infantry unit patrols inside the main town area. I tried to keep everything compact for the type of urban warfare that you see in Iraq with compounds, alley ways and paths winding all over the place.
To install [SWU] Al Salman, Iraq you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Beware of the brightness in the middle of the day, it can be quite blinding in certain conditions. I will look into fixing this but until then just set the time to morning or later in the day.
- Added a new section of the city area
- Expanded detail
- Added Opteryx's Iraq objects from A2 (Thank you to Opteryx for allowing me to include the files)
- updated keys and bisigns...........AGAIN
- removed goats spawning
- minor config tweak
- cfgpatches again....
- cfgpatches error
- fixed some cfgpatches errors
- tweaked config slightly (start time, longitude, latitude)
- CUP Terrains Core