Dovapocalypse - in the not too distant future, the sea levels have dramatically risen 15 metres in just a few days due to a combination of global nuclear warfare and global warming. England is completely devastated.
400km2 terrain of SE England - Dover, Folkestone, an underwater Deal and numerous smaller settlements - have been modelled using accurate street names, custom brand new UK road signs and UK street furniture models (will be released as a separate pack soon). It's got very detailed topography, all roads, forests and house ruins, using a combination of OSM, OS Open Data and other GIS sources.
Requires CUPS terrain to work.
2+ million objects
1,961 unique streetname models
348 accurately placed speed bumps
860 accurately placed bus stop signs with road decals
1 cross channel ferry
To install [PWH] Dovapocalypse you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
There is a test server available to play this map, with a heavily customised AhoyWorld Invade & Annex running on it. Feel free to join us at pwh-clan.co.uk (220.127.116.11) port 2302.
ADR-97 Weapon Pack
NIArms All in One
JSRS SOUNDMOD - NIA ARSENAL
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to all those in the #terrain_makers discord for contributing their wisdom to this, my first large scale map.
Thanks also to all our [PWH] members for suffering through this beta.
- Added chalk detail landclass to cliffs and horse
- Maintenance release. Removed street signs that were stuck in the middle of the road, because the initial placing algorithm didn't buffer them out.
- Bugfix: Removed 800k rocks to fix memory overflow issues running on 32bit linux server. Adding the pavements was clearly too many objects for the world, so the rocks have gone for now.
- bugfix: altered mass on vanilla wheelie bins so they are no longer made of reinforced concrete and welded to the floor.
- Pavements! Terrain Processor is a bit rubbish so alignment is poor at junctions or sharp bends. But it's a start.
- Added Strategic Road Network Distance Marker Posts with correct marker information for all routes in the Dover map (A2, A20, M20). You can break down and give the emergency services the correct location now!
- Improved scenery around A20 in Dover city centre.
- Removed a lot of street signs floating in roads.
- Added more island furniture along A20.
- Improved double yellow lines texture (removed gaps) - it is now type 15.
Lots of tweaks - new street furniture along A20, testing double yellow lines (beta) on the Dover part of A20.
A new year, and LOTS of tweaks. The most visible is the reduction of sea level from 15m to 5m above normal. This means any missions you have made will need to have the objects re-snapped to the new levels, otherwise they will be buried in the ground. On the plus side, the piers and docks are now usable.
- Global flooding changed from 15m to 5m
- Added new piers to western half of Dover
- Started work on pedestrian crossings and roundabout furniture on A20 around Dover
- Added detail to entrance of Samphire Hoe
- Crashed train wreck near Aycliffe, new retaining wall on A20 approach to Western Heights Roundabout.
- Dummy Dover Castle added and some new bridges.
- removed duplicate models
- added some keep left bollards
- Tweakage to M20 for new road templates
- Readdition of some custom signposting
Unticked APEX Expansion.
Synch with pwh_core
New road system
Thx MysteriousPinkFluff for the ground texture idea replacing houses - that's now in, and new landmask to match.
- fixed too many Landcontact points spamming error logs.
- split the following assets into separate pbos in preparation for a forthcoming standalone release:
pwhsigns - 164 UK Street Signs
pwhstreet - UK street furniture (bus stops, GATSO, working traffic lights,speedbumps)
pwhmodels - Additional UK models (currently only "Spirit of France", a crude cross channel ferry model for backdrop only).
Maintenance fix for labels > 100%
Corrected bug in previous release that prevented the map loading properly.
- CUP Terrains Core
- Armaholic forums