Date: 2020-09-20 16:49
The Pike® munition is a 17-inch-long, semi-active laser-guided precision weapon, measuring 40 mm in diameter and weighing two pounds. It’s the world’s only hand-launched precision-guided munition. Fired from a rifle-mounted grenade launcher, the miniaturized weapon can travel one and a half miles and hit within five yards or less of a target, minimizing collateral damage.
This mod is an improvement on the Pike Mini Missiles mod by WraithWyvern.
Two types of missiles are included:
- Pike: standard HE warhead
- Pike AT: AT warhead
This mod allows you to fire the missile from any 40mm grenade launcher, and guide it with one of two methods:
- SACLOS: if the launcher has an IR laser pointer and it is turned on, the missile will guide itself to your point of aim
- Laser-guided: if the launcher doesn't have an IR laser pointer or it is turned off, the missile will scan for a laser designator target within a 60-degree forward-facing cone, up to a distance of 2000m, and home in on it
This mod has no requirements.
To install Pike Mini Missile v2 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
Credits to WraithWyvern for the original mod and idea: Pike Mini Missiles
- Added setting LOAL laser codes when ACE3 is detected. To access the laser code setting, make sure you're in LOAL mode, then use the self-action ACE3 menu. Under "Equipment" there are two actions:
-- "Pike: set laser code": this allows you to set the ACE3 laser code that the missile will follow. Default is -1, which means it won't target any specific laser code, and instead just look for the closest target
-- "Pike: check laser code": this allows you to check the currently set laser code
- Fixed CBA setting causing script errors. Cheers Akaviri13 for reporting!
- Added setting to enable/disable switching to main gun optics when firing
- Renamed SACLOS On/Off to SACLOS/LOAL
- Fixed Laser-guided missiles not working for EAST and Independent groups
- Added CBA keybinding, SACLOS no longer toggled by weapon laser key
Fixed mod to working with some missions
Improved aiming, now the mod will switch to the gun's main optics to steer the missile in SACLOS mode. The mod will revert back to the grenade launcher sights as soon as the missile hits the target.
Removed shrapnel from missiles when using ACE
- Initial release