Date: 2008-11-01 18:39
The PROPER World project allows you to tweak different aspects related to islands, like vegetation, wild-life, water color and ground textures.
* Files for client side modification are now in the .\ArmA\dta\userconfig\PROPER_World_Configuration folder
* Many more settings like water color, CfgMaterials, CfgSurfaces, CfgSurfaceCharacters, CfgHeads, Ambient, Subdivision etc
** Disable grass completely independent to terrain detail setting.
** Exchange grass models with other ArmA or custom models.
** Change the size of grass and other clutter.
** Change the composition of grass and clutter.
** Change several parameters related to islands textures.
** Change the water color for all islands.
** Change the waves of the sea.
** Change the rain, clouds and overcast.
** Change the lighting settings.
** Change the island ambients: Wild life appearance
Client side modification. This means it overrides mission or server settings.
Use a modfolder method.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
Included .pbo files:
Goto the .\ArmA\dta\userconfig\PROPER_World_Configuration folder
and open the various files to tweak the settings yourself.
The ISLAND_Settings.hpp (like Rahmadi_Settings.hpp) are a good
start for less experience people to disable the grass or clutter and
change various ground texture related aspects.
In the Water_Templates.hpp you can choose between a
few different given water color templates made by anzacsas.
If you want to tweak the color yourself, open the CfgMaterials.hpp
file and change the RGB (+ transparency) values of the Water,
Shore and Shorefoam defines.
At the end of the line there is the default value as a comment as
backup to restore the default value.
More details on the BIKI page soon:
* Sara_dbe1 added.
* global setting file introduced. You can set all settings for all included islands:
.\ArmA\Dta\userconfig\PROPER_World_Configuration\_GlobalSettings.hpp* If you want a specific setting for an island, you need to activate the define in the '_Activate_Island_Specific_Settings.hpp' file. Same location.
* Introduced clutter for all ACE Island pack textures. The settings are configured in the 'CfgSurfaces.hpp' file. Same location.
* Moved advanced configurations files in the subfolder 'AdvancedSettings' to unclutter the 'PROPER_World_Configuration' folder. Only very few people are most likely interested in the advanced settings.
* Hints about upcoming ACE island pack additions.
* By default the Sgt.Ace setting is active. The 'new grass' and island settings of Sgt.Ace Everon are being used.
Credits & Thanks:
+ raedor for the info about the overall pbo replacement process
+ OFman, McNools, =DST= OcramWeb for inspiration by their work
+ ofp2 for his detailed explanation of the config values
+ anzacsas for this water color research
+ BI for Armed Assault
Tags: No tags