(For AI traffic, check out L_ambiDrive)
A lightweight script suite that allows multiplayer-compatible civil population.
Civilians will walk around urban areas after spawning into "their" house.
Features a "script hook" for running a function on every spawned civilian or its assigned house.
Features blacklisting areas and players.
The script runs COMPLETELY SERVER-SIDE.
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the L_ambiCivs please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
1. Drop the "L_ambiCivs" folder as well as the "initServer.sqf" into your mission folder. That's it.
1.1 If you already got an initServer.sqf, paste the following anywhere into the file:
1. Navigate into the L_ambiCivs folder within your mission folder. You may want to look into three files: "config.sqf","classes.sqf" and "blacklists.sqf"
2. Config.sqf: Basic settings like spawn distances and behaviour. (Tip: Increase the check intervals in case you experience performance issues with a large amount of players)
2.1: Assigning a function name to L_ambiCivs_customInitFunction will make the function run when a civilian spawns, passing the argument [civilian, assigned house].
3. Classes.sqf: Civilian classes that will be spawned.
4. Blacklist.sqf: Blacklisting areas civilians shouldn't spawn in and players that should be ignored by the script.
!! All parameters can be changed on the fly during a mission !!
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- The script focuses on performance and by default does a simple job - it makes AI civilians walk around cities. Advanced behaviour can be scripted manually via the script hook.
- Spawning units in ArmA always causes a micro-lag. The script is very efficient and can spawn civilians in a very rapid order by decreasing the check-intervals, but bear in mind that the micro-stuttering from spawning units will appear a lot more often this way.
License / Disclaimer:
You are free to modify the script to your liking within your mission, but please mention the modification.
Uploading a modification of the script as a "standalone" version is not permitted.
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums