(Formerly L_Civs. For AI Civilian population, check out L_ambiCivs)
A lightweight script suite that allows multiplayer-compatible civil traffic.
Civilians will drive around on the map and de-spawn again if the closest player exceeds a specified distance.
Features blacklisting areas and players.
The script runs COMPLETELY SERVER-SIDE.
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the L_ambiDrive please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
1. Drop the "L_ambiDrive" folder as well as the "initServer.sqf" into your mission folder. That's it.
1.1 If you already got an initServer.sqf, paste the following anywhere into the file:
1. Navigate into the L_ambiDrive folder within your mission folder. You may want to look into three files: "config.sqf","classes.sqf" and "blacklists.sqf"
2. Config.sqf: Basic settings like spawn distance and speed limits. (Tip: Lower the city speed limit if the map features sharp turns within cities)
3. Classes.sqf: Vehicle and civilian classes that will be spawned.
4. Blacklist.sqf: Blacklisting areas vehicles shouldn't spawn in and players that should be ignored by the script.
!! All parameters can be changed on the fly during a mission !!
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- ArmA will be ArmA. Vehicles might crash into each other and/or the terrain. The script detects stuck vehicles but can only do so much to un-stuck them.
License / Disclaimer:
You are free to modify the script to your liking within your mission, but please mention the modification.
Uploading a modification of the script as a "standalone" version is not permitted.
Added: Option to toggle "elevation scaling" in config.sqf (default: On).
The greater the elevation difference between the vehicle and player position, the further the spawn/despawn distance becomes.
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums