Date: 2020-05-19 10:14
Assistant Machinegunner and Assistant Anti-Tankby
Allows the machinegunner (or anti-tank gunner) to request his group members for ammunition.
Two separate FSM's for two different assistants.
When gunners have less than two magazines, FSM activates.
Assistants will move to gunner with a low stance and drop magazine. Gunner will pick it up.
Tested with VCOMAI, TCL and LAMBS 2.0.
To install Assistant Machinegunner and Assistant Anti-Tank you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Assistant Machinegunner and Assistant Anti-Tank please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Copy FSM file(s) to your mission root folder.
On automatic rifleman/machinegunner's init:
null=this execFSM "assistant_mg.fsm";
On anti-tank gunner's init:
null=this execFSM "assistant_at.fsm";
Do not run on the assistants but on the gunners themselves.
Unzip to your mods folder
Addon required locally where AI is present
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Unit must be armed when initializing the FSM.
Credits & Thanks:
BI Arma Forum Contributors
Everyone supporting me @BI Forums.
License / Disclaimer:
Fixed: undefined variable.
Fixed: assistant returns to position after rearm.
Added: prioritize dedicated assistants (MG only).
- Fixed: pass magazine directly to weapon slot when no inventory space available and weapon is empty.
- Fixed: LAMBS variable reset to unit default instead of false.
- Changed: full rewrite
- Added: checking for free inventory space
- Fixed: undefined variable _unit
- Fixed: assistant would rearm gunner and gunner would rearm assistant loop
- Added: variable check if assistant busy
- Changed: assistants ammo count code
- Changed: assistants with same weapons can rearm
- Added: addon version
Fixed: minor errors
- Added: support for LAMBS 2.0
- Changed: Machinegunner minimum magazines is 1 on vest/backpack + 1 on gun, instead of 3 total (takes too much inventory space).
- Public release
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums