Date: 2020-01-16 16:24
I'm proud to announce the release of my first mod, which has been worked on in the last month and a half. This mod retextures the Livonian Defence Force to a desert/arid appearance so that mission makers and groups can use the faction in a wider variety of terrains. There are creative additions to the project but they have been added/will be done in such a way that whatever new is added, is appropiate for a NATO member and small baltic state.
- Retexture of the LDF to a desert appearance/Camo pattern
- Retexture of LDF Vehicles to a desert appearance/Camo pattern
- LDF Faction recreated in BLUFOR and INDEP using the desert camo
To install LDF Desert Retexture you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Not in any particular order
- Armoured vehicles
- UGV's and UAV's
You MAY/WILL need the Contact DLC to actually use the uniforms and some of the vehicles.
You can see the development in action either on A3 hub or on my forum thread @ https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/226408-ldf-desert-retexture/
Credits & Thanks:
- Avery, for providing me the original LDF Camo pattern, textures for the vest and other general modding support
- Drongo, for his config generator that has saved me a lot of time.
- IndeedPete for the texture templates available on the bohemia forums
- DreamRebel for their Zamak texture templates
- And all the other members of the A3 Hub for their support and feedback, found here: https://discord.gg/NagAj4s
License / Disclaimer:
THIS PROJECT FALLS UNDER THE ARMA PUBLIC LICENSE & Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License
If you modify my work or use my work in your own modifications, please publically credit me.
- Hunter (Łowca) added, with 4 texture variations accessible in the virtual garage added.
- AWC Nyx (AWC 302 łasica) and its 4 variants added, with virtual garage support provided for changing camo net colour.
- FV-720 Odyniec added, with virtual garage support for changing camo net colour.
- AWC 302 łasica groups added.
- Mechanized Infantry added.
- All soldiers given two or three more pistol magazines.
- Headgear randomization given to various units such as rifleman.
- UN version of the Advanced Modular Helmet (Coyote) added.
- Zeus compatability increased through the merging of vehicle configs with their respective faction configs.
- Class names of a few objects changed for consistency.
- BISIGN files replaced with ones produced by AddonBuilder and not DSUtils, hopefully it should work
The binarization of some configs produced a weird error with the Attack heli's name, howevever it shouldn't affect gameplay and it should be gone by next update. In addition i apologise for any download size around 100mb's as a result of the sign file correction.
- Added BIKEY for servers
- CBRN Groups added
- Pathfinder groups edited to include recon troops
- CBRN Specialist added
- Helicopter Pilots and Crews added
- CBRN Uniform added
- Pilot overalls added
- AH-99 Szantaż (Blackfoot) Added
- WY-55 Czapla armed and unarmed added
- More Zamak variants added
- gloves on the standard LDF uniform and tank top uniform have been replaced with black ones
If there's any issues since this update, please make me aware in discussions.
- LDF Gripens have been added, in four different camo variations
- UGV's armed and unarmed have been added
- Recon units added to special forces
- Recon groups have been added
- UGV Recon and UGV Assault groups added
- Coyote variants of all the Advanced Modular Helmets have been added
- Van Transport added
- Van Transport (MP) added
- Van Cargo added
- Motorized MP Team & Motorized MP Squad added to both factions
- Pathfinder moved to editor cubcategory "Special Forces"
- All LDF Units now use the desert varient of the 4 .45 ACP pistol instead of the green one
- BLUFOR and INDEP groups in the Zeus interface has been fixed.
If you intend to use my mod with zeus, please ensure that the zeus module is configured to accept all addons (including unofficial ones)
- All modular vests retextured and added
- All LDF Helmets & Hats retextured and added
- All LDF Uniforms retextured and added
- Zamak and Offroad + Varients added
- Turrets, SAM Sites etc have been added
- LDF (Desert) Faction added to BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT
- BI forums