Aiming Deadzone Fix
This small script mod ties the player's horizontal rotation to their mouse again while using the game's Aiming Deadzone feature. The exact behavior can be customized in a CBA Settings menu (Addon Options on the pause screen).
When your weapon reaches the edge of the deadzone, you will turn at full speed - just like normal. Additionally, the system is disabled when you aim - allowing precise mouse movement when you are trying to track a target.
What About Vertical Movement?
Unfortunately the scripting functionality required to adjust a player's vertical viewpoint is not available. If it were possible, it would be quite easy to make an aimbot for the game in SQF, and so it will probably never exist.
Because the majority of the time players are not looking up or down, but rather side-to-side, the impact of this limitation is minimized. Additionally, the aiming deadzone is essentially a box in the center of your screen with the same aspect ratio as your display - and so on modern widescreen monitors, it has the most effect on the horizontal axis, meaning that this fix addresses the biggest issue with the aiming deadzone.
To install Aiming Deadzone Fix you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
This mod has only really been tested with the mods I most commonly use. It would be very appreciated if you could submit any bug reports you find! https://github.com/JackViney96/lookfix
The mod is now disabled when swimming in order to fix a diving/ascending issue. Unfortunately this means that it no longer works when using weapons underwater.
If there is significant interest in fixing this, let me know. But given how niche this use case is, I don't expect it will be a big issue for most people.
Fixed bug when falling.
- Fixed a bug with the animation blocking system
- Centered Aim option
- Fixed an error message introduced by CBA changes
Added Server Key - hopefully
Fixed a major bug in vertical smoothing that caused weapon sights to become seriously misaligned. Effect can be disabled (really, you should leave it on) and configured in settings.
Quick fix for a bug caused by a typo
- Added new method of operation for the mod (enabled by default)
- Refactored a lot of code
- Player parented-to-object fix (disables mod operation)
Oops. Actually updated the mod.
- Refactored the addon to support vertical aiming
- Vertical aiming!
- Disabled by default
- Introduces even more jitter in multiplayer
- Can be disabled by the server for all clients
Bug reports appreciated!
- Added CBA Settings Menu
- Coefficient for movement (was previously hardcoded)
- Coefficient for movement while aiming, default 0 (new)
- Fixed detection of when player is aiming/not aiming
- When aiming, turning is affected by the player's zoom level. Should make the mod usable at high magnification when using aim turning.
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums