Advanced Urban Rappelling
Most important feature for me using this version instead of the origial:
- player is not detached automatically. This is a fix for the bug occuring with Enhanced Movement, where players fall to their death, if this mod is installed too.
- included rappeling gear and rappeling ropes must be equipped for rappeling.
- rappeling gear and rappeling ropes have inventory icons.
- localisation for English / German.
- CBA integration. Leaving used ropes at starting point is optional.
To install Advanced Urban Rappelling you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Server Key not included, as I'm mostly solo playing. Will add one, if requested.
Credits & Thanks:
This is a fork from vurtual's fork ((vurtual's fork) Advanced Urban Rappelling
from the original Advanced Urban Rappelling
Many thanks to the original author duda for the wonderful mod and to vurtual for the nice idea of using harness and ropes and resolving the issue with Enhanced Movement.
As a side effect of the animation changes made by LAxemann, leaning (movement by hitting Q & E keys) in static mode was no longer possible. I contacted him, but got no answer yet. So, the old animations, as well as the faulty server keys, are back in place. If and when LAxemann fixes the issue, the mod will be updated once again.
1.0h (version number unchanged, because of the key I got from LAxemann. Changing version number would require altering a file inside the mod, rendering the key useless.)
- changed mod name to persistant name
- animation fixes and added new key, kudos to LAxemann
- additional option 'Only ropes' needed for rappelling
- fixed minor bug
- reduced load, when player has many AI units under his command
- fix server side only missing strings
- updated bikey - again
made new private & public key with DSutils, signed the .pbo with the new private key, replaced the pubic bikey with the new one. Please test and tell, if I have commit suicide or not.
- added possiblity to have persistent ropes. First player rappels down, and the rope stays in place. Then second player is able to use this rope for rappelling. Only one player per rope allowed. Rope can be detached for later use. Climbing up from bottom to top also possible.
- changed CBA opions a bit
- added working bikey (hopefully)
please note, that the persistent rope sometimes comports wierd. This depends on the model of the structure rappelling is done.
- added a couple of other rappelling ropes with different lengths. Now ropes availabe in 10, 20, 30, 50 and 70 meter.
- ACE ropes are now also detected and can be used as rappelling ropes
- changed title, to have a more consisten look in the Launcher
- corrected a few typos
- bugfixing, typos
- corrected Bikey
- rappelling velocity setting now affects AI units too
- Added CBA options:
- option to use old rappel interface, without any time consuption
- made rappeling gear and rappeling ropes optional. By not using these will restore serverside only feature of the mod
- Rappeling velocity
- time it will take to fasten harness to rope
All those options are global. Means setting the options serverside will override all clients. This way the server owner should have full control over all options. Making rappeling equal for each user.
- added ACE compatiblity (note: As I am playing ACE v3.12.6, and not the currently latest v3.13, I had to use another static vehicle than in the original ACE compatiblity fix. It should make no difference while playing though.)
- added biKey
- Community Base addons A3