Date: 2020-07-27 14:29
Altis 90's is a 1990's themed faction mod for Arma 3 using Global Mobilization. Despite the end of the cold war, the echoes of the international non-conflict still have serious consequence for the relatively recently founded liberal democracy of the Republic of Altis & Stratis. From communist insurgent holdouts, to mysterious fighters with advanced western equipment wandering around various camps in the countryside, the troubles simply do not end.
- Three factions, AAF(90's), APLIF, and Operation Xiphos
- Retextured equipment for those factions
- Retextured vehicles for those factions
- 90's version of my Altian Special Air Service.
The national state armed forces of the Republic of Altis & Stratis, this conscript-based military has seen a large influx of equipment and vehicles thanks to post-cold war demoblizations in Western and Eastern Europe. Their task: End the communist insurgency and defend the external national interest.
Since the republic's establishment, the organization has been at war with the Altian People's Liberation & Independence Front, being narrowly cornered on one end of Altis at one tense point in the 70's, however since then the AAF has managed to corner APLIF as its last remaining international backers withdraw with the closing down of the cold war.
Their equipment is primarily imported from the USA and Western Europe, alongside locally produced clothing using their natively developed ALTPAT pattern. Alongside this equipment are BMP's imported from the recently unified Germany, with the AAF buying them to make up for a lack of transport M113's caused by specialization conversion programs.
The armed wing of the Altian Political Committee for National Liberation, this (now) semi-conventional force was once a serious contender for domination over Altis, however since the collapse of the Soviet Union & the Warsaw Pact, and with its equipment having seen better days, many experts predict their eventual defeat at the hands of the AAF. The group's hopes are so dire that they've had to resort to stealing AAF equipment to sustain their semi-conventional capability.
A secretive army founded and supplied by NATO, this paramilitary stay-behind organisation was originally meant to fight a guerrila war if the communists took over, however now that the defeat of APLIF is within sight, the members of the group, individually suspected of far right ties by the government, may turn their modern weapons against the Republic.
To install Altis 90's you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- I will NOT be making RHS or CUP versions of this mod
- I will be continually supporting this mod as GLOBMOB adds new content
- A BIKEY & BISIGN file is included for those wishing to add the mod to their server or modpacks.
- Please keep in mind that SOME units may use other dlc content, but possession of other dlc is NOT mandatory to use this mod. The only mod that is mandatory to have in order to use this mod is Global Mobilization
Join us and keep up to date with my mods on the A3 Hub discord @ https://discord.gg/dyXnZ8u
Alternatively if you enjoy Global Mobilization, i recommend joining the official GlobMob discord @ https://discord.gg/XbhfF37
Credits & Thanks:
- IndeedPete for vanilla texture templates
- Vertexmacht for the AAF national insignia
License / Disclaimer:
Arma Public Licence - Share Alike
SpPz 2A1 added
VBH 1A1 Swooper added
PAH 1 added
VBH 1 Added
AAF Anti-Air added
AAF Paratrooper added
APLIF Anti-Air added
ASAS BDU's added
APD CQC2 unit given GM MP5
Altis 90's Patch notes
-Police faction added
- Police units added
- Police Spec Ops units added
- Police Groups added
- Police GM insignia added to Mission (large)\
- Most backpacks inventories fixed
- Units given predefind roles such as "EOD"
- New Unit & Uniform Editor and UI icons
- APLIF Autorifleman given the APLIF M56
- Black & Blue police clothes added
- Police Blouse added
- Police patrolcap added
- APLIF camo M56 Steel Helmet added
- AAF Crewman uniform slightly modified
- Police Iltis added
- Police (Spec Ops) Unimog added
(TO DO LATER: Update APLIF Autorifleman editor image)
- Winter AAF added alongside accompanying clothing, equipment and vehicle skins
- ASAS normal uniform slightly altered
- Proper UI icons for uniforms and headgear added
- M2 Static machine guns added for all factions
- WY-55 Hellcat added to the AAF
- T55A, T55AM2 added
- BTR60 PU,PB, and PA varients added
- APLIF Autorifleman renamed to "Light Machinegunner"
- New APLIF Autorifleman unit
- APLIF Rifleman now use AKM's
- APLIF Guards Unit insignia added
- Guards Insignia automatically applied to APLIF T-55AM2's
- Fixed a 2035 AAF soldier appearing in the AAF(90's) rifle squad
- AAF, Xiphos, and APLIF units and vehicles added
- AAF, Xiphos, and APLIF groups added
- Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany
- BI forums